Help...

VII

My parents are leaving town this week to go camping for a week. they left me a 6 week old pug that they recently got..i told them i would be able to take care of him but now im not too sure. i sleep in and go to bed late what is there that i can do about the pup. i dont wanna hurt his feelings but i need time to sleep too..i love the dog but im not sure i can handle this at all..help suggestions?

Maxy24

If the dog needs to go to the bathroom in the morning set your alarm, take him out then bring him in and go to bed. 6 weeks is VERY I mean VERY young for a pug to be in his new home already. You will need to sacrifice some sleep for a week, you said you'd care for him so you have to. When I watch my Uncle's dog I have to get up at 6 every morning (I'm 15 everyone thinks I'm weird because I go to bed at 10 and wake up between 6 and 8) which is fine with me, that's when she is used to going out.

Go to bed early for this week and wake up early. The puppy is very young so he might cry at night, just ignore the whining unless it has been a few hours since he went out then he probably has to go to the bathroom. Does he sleep in a crate?

bubbatd

Shame on your parents for getting such a young pup , then going away !!

heavyjay

Shame on your parents for getting such a young pup , then going away !!
Shame on whomever allowed a puppy that young to be taken from his mother. I know six weeks is considered acceptable, but I've read where they should be with their mother until at least eight weeks, preferably ten. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I might just read too much.

Herschel

Shame on whomever allowed a puppy that young to be taken from his mother. I know six weeks is considered acceptable, but I've read where they should be with their mother until at least eight weeks, preferably ten. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I might just read too much.
You're right.

bubbatd

Maybe the "breeder " will keep him for you . At least he'll be where he should be for another 2 weeks . They must have " gotten rid of him " when he was 5 weeks old .

VII

If the dog needs to go to the bathroom in the morning set your alarm, take him out then bring him in and go to bed. 6 weeks is VERY I mean VERY young for a pug to be in his new home already. You will need to sacrifice some sleep for a week, you said you'd care for him so you have to. When I watch my Uncle's dog I have to get up at 6 every morning (I'm 15 everyone thinks I'm weird because I go to bed at 10 and wake up between 6 and 8) which is fine with me, that's when she is used to going out.

Go to bed early for this week and wake up early. The puppy is very young so he might cry at night, just ignore the whining unless it has been a few hours since he went out then he probably has to go to the bathroom. Does he sleep in a crate?
this sounds like a plan. ill probably end up setting my alarm etc. and yea he sleep in a crate

simplymisty

IL Dog Freak
6 weeks is pretty young. If I was getting a puppy, even 12 weeks or older, I wouldn't leave that dog until it was at least 6 months of age to take a trip without the dog. I usually won't go anywhere within the first year of it's life unless it an emergency.

I used to go camping all the time and I always took my dogs with me. Is there a reason why they can't take the dogs camping with them???

Members online

No members online now.