Innova EVO vs Innova

goldiefur

What is the difference between the two? Is one more fattening? I am in the process of switching my Goldens from Bil-Jac and The one dog I am most concerned about has a slight thyroid problem and he is on Soloxine. He is 3 years old and ways 130 lbs and the vet said he should loose 15 lbs He has also started with ear problems this year. It probably sounds like he is way overweight for a Golden:D but his mom and dad were very big dogs. I don't want him to end up gaining more weight from Innova EVO which is what I was thinking of buying. Why is the protein so high? I don't know if this food will be to rich for him and should I wean him off the Bil-jac or just make the switch? Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
The difference is that the regular Innova is a traditional style kibble that includes grains and is higher in carbs.

The Evo is a high-protein, low-carb kibble that doesn't include any grain at all. If you choose the reduced fat variety, it would be very conductive to weight loss as long as you don't overfeed.

Here's some info about protein:
http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=protein_myth

Members online

No members online now.