Anyone familiar with Royal Canin?

tac_1

Teri's babies
That's what I feed my dogs and have been very happy with it, but I seldom hear of others using it and wondered if ya'll have ever fed with it and if you had a good experience with it or not.

Roxy's CD

I was going to feed Royal Canin. I've heard it's a good food, my trainer used to feed it before she went to preparing their meals at home.

They own, Techni-Cal as well I believe, and another brand of food.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Royal Canin makes decent "middle of the road" foods, but there are better quality products that cost about the same or even less.

What is it that makes Royal Canin "middle of the road"? It seems to be pretty comparable to some other products, like Eagle Pack, which is generally considered to be good.

Brattina88

Royal Canin is alright... I fed it to my dogs before I got my hands on the Innova EVO...
There are better foods out there, but there certainly are worse as well!

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Eagle Pack is definitely higher quality than Royal Canin (not only the Size Nutrition, but also products like Sensible Choice, Natural Blend and Excel. The two low-end products, Kasco and Wayne, don't even fall into the same group though. Eagle's"budget" Prism line is better than those though. ).

Check out their information on ingredients, like for example antibiotic-free chicken and duck meal, lamb meal from free-range, grass-fed sheep, species-specific fish meals, non-GMO corn, quinoa, and oatmeal, no soy oil, no rice hulls etc., and better quality supplements.

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
We fed Kasco, and even though its their lower end brand, I couldnt be happier with it. But in IMO, Royal Canin is a very expensive brand. (Around here anyway,) and you could get way better foods cheaper then it is.

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
I agree with everyone here, Royal Canin is a decent mid grade food but it is way too expensive given the quality. I wouldnt pay 55 dollars for a 20 lb bag when I can pay the same for a 30-33lb bag of Eagle Pack.

If you have better options I say go for those but if not, its a good food

Demonic Angels

always raining
IMHO, the Royal Canin is a middle of the road food, but some people love it because some formulas are specifically tailored to certain breeds. They've even done some research to find out what kibble shapes are easiest to eat for each breed, so their kibble are all different shapes :) I don't feed it though, personally.

Actually, I feed my cats the Royal Canin.
We had to put one of my older cats on it for UT stones. Once I laid regular food (nutro indoor), SD c/d ( for his stones - BTW i really don't care for the SD line), and then the Royal Canin c/d. Guess which food they all picked? It was the Royal Canin c/d. I had to buy the SD once when they were out of the Royal Canin. Let's just say I still have the bag.

paula6989

My puppies are on the Mini Puppy 33 formula and they love it. I have tried California Natural, Innova Evo, Solid Gold and Chicken Soup but they don't take to it the way they do to RC. Although I would love for them to be on a better food, they are happiest on this one, probably because of the tiny kibble size. Plus, they don't poop too much and their coats are gorgeous! No complaints here.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
akaspaddero said:
Actually, I feed my cats the Royal Canin.
We had to put one of my older cats on it for UT stones. Once I laid regular food (nutro indoor), SD c/d ( for his stones - BTW i really don't care for the SD line), and then the Royal Canin c/d. Guess which food they all picked? It was the Royal Canin c/d. I had to buy the SD once when they were out of the Royal Canin. Let's just say I still have the bag.
You can't really compare prescription food lines to regular food. In many cases a prescription food can give a longer live to an animal that might otherwise have a much shorter life expectancy.

Royal Canin's prescription foods are definitely of much higher quality than Hill's. Sadly Hill's still has more of a variety. :(

Members online

No members online now.