The Good News thread

Saeleofu

I'm saving $16 per month on my meds compared to when I had insurance. WTF? This is working out better than expected. I got my adderall at CVS for $24 for a month supply. Wooo! I don't know what to expect when I need to see my doctor for a recheck, though. I can get office visits free at my dad's work, but I doubt labs or anything else will be free. And I have to go January 2nd at the latest. And since the Obamacare website isn't working STILL, I doubt I'll have insurance by then.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
The amount of money I have spent on myself in the last 24 hours is sickening. HOWEVER. I got a new camera for a decent price, and took advantage of the "free" (there is an upgrade fee!) Samsung Galaxy from Best Buy. My camera decided to not work yesterday and my phone has been crappy for a while, so yay for good deals on replacements! It's like Christmas a month early!

Saeleofu

I'm snuggled up and cozy on my chair under my weighted blanket and about to watch An Adventure in Space and Time. I don't have to go to work for the next 2 days (after 2 days at work by myself where the animals were intent on giving me heart attacks). Life is good :)

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I'm saving $16 per month on my meds compared to when I had insurance. WTF? This is working out better than expected. I got my adderall at CVS for $24 for a month supply. Wooo! I don't know what to expect when I need to see my doctor for a recheck, though. I can get office visits free at my dad's work, but I doubt labs or anything else will be free. And I have to go January 2nd at the latest. And since the Obamacare website isn't working STILL, I doubt I'll have insurance by then.
My prescription cost through insurance would have been something like $70 for a month. I got a three month supply from Rite Aid for $15 without insurance. Makes no sense. Really glad I'm paying for my insurance... -_-

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We went and saw Frozen yesterday in the theater.

SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! We loved it. It's funny, has drama, lots of music (I love that they went back to their more musical routes with this one), tender moments where you tear up a little and just generally an all around awesome movie and a great way to spend a few hours even if the theater does cost a fortune

Saeleofu

Are Rite Aid and CVS generally cheaper than say, Walmart?
It depends. I went on goodrx.com to find the cheapest prices. I also had my doctor change my meds to cheaper versions - so instead of taking a 1000mg metformin er pill once a day, I take two 500mg metformin er pills once a day. And instead of one 10mg generic adderall er pill in the morning, I take 1/2 of a 20mg non-er generic adderall pill in the morning and the other half at noon. So it's a matter of finding what's cheapest overall, then what's the cheapest place to get it.

The metformin 1000mg ER is several hundred dollars, and was $10 with insurance. The 500mg metformin ER is $4. The 10mg er adderall is several hundred dollars and was $34 with insurance, and the non-er 20mg one is $24

I'm still getting the metformin and modroxyprogesterone (and Gavroche's fluoxetine) from Target, but the adderall from CVS. I'm considering transferring the three Target ones to Kmart, though, because they're offering a $25 gift card per transferred rx up to $100 right now.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
17 more days until my birthday. 19 more days until Michael gets home. 20 more days until my wedding. 23 more days until Christmas.

I think I may explode from excitement. Seriously. You know that feeling of anticipation you got as a child as Christmas crept closer? I'm like that, x10.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
17 more days until my birthday. 19 more days until Michael gets home. 20 more days until my wedding. 23 more days until Christmas.

I think I may explode from excitement. Seriously. You know that feeling of anticipation you got as a child as Christmas crept closer? I'm like that, x10.
That is a LOT of fun things happening!

My good news is that I just put away all the laundry. My most hated task and it's DONE. Now.. who wants to come do my dishes?

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
My little brother got his first buck today. :)

On a more hilarious note, the first words out of his mouth when he called me were "I got a buck, no you can't have the antlers for your dogs" Well played sir.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
My little brother got his first buck today. :)

On a more hilarious note, the first words out of his mouth when he called me were "I got a buck, no you can't have the antlers for your dogs" Well played sir.
Hahahahaha, nice. I got my first deer ever about two weeks ago. It was a doe, so no antlers for the dogs, but plenty of offal for them :p

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I have cleaned (almost) all the things and feel much better now. Tomorrow, laundry, vacuuming, and the bathroom get done. Whoot!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I may have bronchitis so I can't run, but football is on the TV.

Watching the Saints get whooped up on like

Except I have chips instead of popcorn. Hot chips my dad bought me to try to burn the mucus out of my sinuses.

DJEtzel

Why isn't it Friday yet? I'm so excited for this job interviewwwww!

Told my boss I might be leaving today and while she didn't want me to go, offered to write a pretty awesome letter of reccomendation.

Dreams. Just... come true? Good pay, good hours, awesome job + benefits!?

I'm gonna faint.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Why isn't it Friday yet? I'm so excited for this job interviewwwww!

Told my boss I might be leaving today and while she didn't want me to go, offered to write a pretty awesome letter of reccomendation.

Dreams. Just... come true? Good pay, good hours, awesome job + benefits!?

I'm gonna faint.
lol take me with you!

and congrats!

Members online

No members online now.