Thank you

SarahHound

I like many others just don't feel anything is worthy enough of saying. I do know when I lost Maddy, not in the same sort of situation, but I felt much the same of you and everyone was so kind.

I'm keeping you both in my thoughts.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I'm trying to come up with more words than the few I've posted on facebook and pictures you've posted. All I've been able to muster is a like or a heart, because what the hell are you supposed to say when something this devastating happens?

When I first joined Chaz, you commented on the first thread I had made - and I saw Backup in your signature. I fell completely head over heels in love with him. Sloan was gorgeous, Shamoo was adorable, and Arnold was ridiculously handsome... but I just couldn't get over Backup's face. I called Rick over and told him "LOOK at this dog. Just LOOK at him. His name is Backup." and his response was "Is he one of those Mal...things you keep wanting? Why are his eyes so big?"

It was quickly apparent that I was not alone in Backup's fan club, nor Arnold's. Or any of your dogs', for that matter. I love the dogs here just as much as any of my own, as do most of us. You are not grieving alone... we're all grieving. I've been crying on and off since I woke up Saturday morning and read what had happened the night before. There had to have been some misunderstanding... these things aren't supposed to happen to excellent, intelligent, dedicated dog owners.

I can't do anything to take the pain away, but please know that I, as well of the rest of Chaz, am here if you need anything at all. You are in our thoughts.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
This was a very sad situation and it was even more so to read you write about it. My thoughts are with you, your significant other& your two dogs. My heart is broken for you.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm crying all over again, but oh God...

I called Rick over and told him "LOOK at this dog. Just LOOK at him. His name is Backup." and his response was "Is he one of those Mal...things you keep wanting? Why are his eyes so big?"
This just made me laugh.

Your dogs touched a lot of people so I hope we have been able to return the favour even just a tiny bit.

Equinox

I'm still thinking about you and still wishing there was more that I could do or say. I wish I could have donated more, but please remember, if you ever need someone to talk to or a clean up crew, I'm only a few minutes away. And if you ever want a dog to laugh at or an extra dose of obnoxiousness, Trent's free for grabs :)

Every time I look at your signature, I tear up and smile simultaneously.

""Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers."

And I think of the expanded quote (emphasis mine) - "Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo.

About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire.

Maybe they have to be crazy.
"

Backup and Arnold were all of that and more. I know they changed and challenged everything you knew before you had them, and that's the beauty and wonder of those two dogs. They're gone, but the time you had with them will shape the way you see things forever, and in that sense they are with you every step of the way.

"no one writes songs about the ones that come easy..."

It's true. Backup and Arnold weren't easy dogs, but they are the dogs that will be remembered forever by everyone who knew them.

DJEtzel

I'm still thinking about you and still wishing there was more that I could do or say. I wish I could have donated more, but please remember, if you ever need someone to talk to or a clean up crew, I'm only a few minutes away. And if you ever want a dog to laugh at or an extra dose of obnoxiousness, Trent's free for grabs :)

Every time I look at your signature, I tear up and smile simultaneously.

""Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers."

And I think of the expanded quote (emphasis mine) - "Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo.

About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire.

Maybe they have to be crazy.
"

Backup and Arnold were all of that and more. I know they changed and challenged everything you knew before you had them, and that's the beauty and wonder of those two dogs. They're gone, but the time you had with them will shape the way you see things forever, and in that sense they are with you every step of the way.

"no one writes songs about the ones that come easy..."

It's true. Backup and Arnold weren't easy dogs, but they are the dogs that will be remembered forever by everyone who knew them.
Now that I'm really bawling my eyes out...

I wish I could have donated, I wish I could help. This is the one dog tradegy that has really hit me because I felt like I knew these dogs so well through you, Adrianne. When Meagan told me what was going on, and I didn't have all of the details, I was just hoping for the best. I had hoped they got loose and would come back, I had hoped it was just a nightmare.

I could never imagine this sort of grief, and all of my vibes have been going out to Adrianne, Denis, Sloan and Moo. I never thought I'd care so much for people and dogs I've never met. But I guess that's the power of such great dogs.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I can't even express how sorry I am that this happened. For dogs I have never met, my heart completely dropped when I found out, and thinking of you guys had me in tears numerous times over the weekend. It's impossible to imagine what you guys are going through.

I wish I could do more. I know whatever we say or do doesn't make it any easier, but we're all here for you.

CaliTerp07

I am so sorry for your loss. They were lovely dogs, adored by all, and though their time was cut short they touched a heck of a lot of people during their lives.

Shakou

Now that I'm not typing on my phone, I can give you a better response.

I only just found out about this today, and I don't think "I'm sorry" can really do justice on how horrible I feel. I know how much you loved those dogs. I can't think of a more horrible way to die, or coming home to something like that.

I wish there was more I could say....

I'm so sorry.

So sorry to hear about Backup. I loved seeing pictures of Backup. I don't know what else to say. Keeping you in my thoughts. :( ***Hugs***

JacksonsMom

I really have no words, and others have expressed some much better than I ever could. But I still can't believe how much this loss has affected me. I couldn't stop thinking of your beautiful boys since I read the awful news. I can't get Backup's eyes out of my head, and how gorgeous I always thought Arnold was - I had never seen a more beautiful pit bull. But it was more than that - your stories, your pictures, they always moved me and I always looked forward to them. And I just can't believe I will never see another Backup picture and look into his lemur eyes. I can't imagine how you are feeling. No words can express, but I am thankful I got to 'share' a little piece of my life with your gorgeous boys and live vicariously through your photos and stories.

Kootenay

I have been thinking about you frequently since I heard the news, and just how incredibly traumatizing an experience like that would be. I can't even imagine the pain. You are in my thoughts! Stay strong.

RottenFlower

rotties are my kryptonite
More north of south, but more south of north.
I haven't been on Chaz long... long enough to "know" some of the members, and their dogs. You & your crew have particularly stuck out, especially that crazy Backup dog.

I talked about that nut to my boyfriend constantly, and showed him pictures of everyone working (he loved seeing Moo dock diving!) I cried when I told him about Backup & Arnold's passing, like I'm doing now.

Like the others, let me also thank *you* for introducing me to your dogs. I would have loved to have meet them (and you, of course!), but felt honored to "know" them through Chaz.

Godspeed, boys. Your legacy won't soon be forgotten.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
What you went through sounds so much like what I went through with Izze, the hope we could save her, only lose her I the operating table of a pulmonary hemorage. I remember the phone call like it was yesterday.

I remember how painful it was to lose one dog, I couldn't imagine losing two :( :( I know that words don't make anything better, I wish I could say time does ... But it doesn't, it doesn't make the pain better, like Andrea said about her sisters death ... "The pain doesn't go away ... You just make room for it."

chaospony

I am so so sorry. I wish I had words to comfort you and Dennis.
Others have expressed it much better than I ever could, I really can't find the words to tell you how sorry I am.

Members online

No members online now.