The Official "What are you reading" Thread

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Started the twilight series again last night.. Im already half way through New moon.. Can somebody please come help me find a life? LOL..

milos_mommy

Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy

I read so much i don't know why I don't post in this thread more. Books I've read recently are:

King, Queen, Knave - Nabokov
Animal's People - Indra Sinha
A bunch of the Sherlock Holmes books

milos_mommy

So far in 2010 I have read...
#1 Stephen King~Under The Dome
#2 Audrey Niffenegger~Her Fearful Symmetry
#3 Eileen Favorite~The Heroines
#4 Wally Lamb~I Know this Much is True

My goal is 100 books and I am totally slacking. Gotta get going on more books, less gym!:yikes:
Wow you're brave...I'm only going for 50! I'm on number 17...we should switch.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Right now I am reading
Texas Angel by Judith Pella.

I have never read any of her books so far and I actually really like this book. I cannot put it down. I love when you find a random book and just love it!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Just finished "The Lightning Thief" from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I know, it's teen reading, but my daughter's like them and I like to read a series. I figure it gives us another thing to talk about. I've read the HP books, the Eragon books and the Ranger's Apprentice books as well.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Almost done "Sea of Monsters" (book 2 of the Percy Jackson series). I'm actually enjoying it. It's light reading for me, but the story is told pretty well and I like Greek Mythology stuff, too.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Ok, finished book 3 and am on book 4. I know they are teen reading books, but the guy tells a good story.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I just finished "the Help" very good book :)

and right now im just starting the Chronicles of Narnia

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
I love the chronicles of narnia I'm reading Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb.

Awesome book. In fact, that whole series is awesome. If you plan to read the whole thing, be sure to do it Farseer Trilogy -> Liveship Trader Trilogy -> Tawny Men Trilogy. The middle trilogy doesn't impact the lives of the characters in Farseer/Tawny Men, but there's a lot of things that will make a heckuva lotta more sense if you'd read Liveship first.

Plus it's a good series on its own.

i am reading the series by George R R Martin A Game Of Thrones. I am on the second on and am entranced.
That's a wicked awesome series. Maybe by the time you're caught up, he'll have the next book out......read faster **** it!

Reading "Tell me Where it Hurts" by Dr. Nick Trout. I like it so far.
That's another great book. Incredibly funny and, unfortunately at times, quite true to the life.

Currently I'm reading "QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter" by Richard Feynman.

Saeleofu

I'm now "reading" A Lion Among Men. I have Son of a Witch on hold, too. Both are on a Playaway. Wonderful when you're shopping/driving/don't care to interact with people.

MPP

petperson
Just finished rereading The Year of the Woman by Jonathan Gash It gives an unsentimental, un-romanticized view of what it's like to be a poor girl in Hong Kong while also being suspenseful and exciting. Oh, yes, and just a dash of the supernatural--but not your average supernatural dash!

This author generally produces mental popcorn; it's fun while you're reading it, but there's not much substance. This book, though, is excellent.

B

Backward_Cinderella

The Looking Glass Wars - Frank Beddor.
Its AMAZING. I'll start working on the other two once I'm done with this one. :)

Members online

No members online now.