Gone before they could live :(

Sorry I haven't been on lately, been busy.

Anna went in yesterday to the vets. Did an ultra sound 3 were for sure without heart beats. We couldn't find the 4th. Remained hopeful and went in for surgery all 4 were dead. 2 didn't get enough nutrition because of the blockage. 1 was tiny. So it wouldn't have made a difference if we would of gone in any earlier.

RIP little pups.

Anna's doing fine though. She's still tired and sad I think, we have a foster pup though now that's 4 days old.

Yes she has a lot of milk, the vet was worried about her getting mastitus (sp?) and the pup needed to be rescued so we are hoping it will work out. It's going good so far, just not the same as her own pups :(

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Maybe you could notify rescues in your area that you have a lactating bitch and she could mother any other small puppies in need.

*hugs*

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat is so sad. I am so sorry for all of you. Blessings for the foster pup.

bubbatd

That's such a shame ~~ I'm so sorry ! I hope that her milk will help others .

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry. It's nice to hear that she can help a little pup even if not her own.

Doberluv

Oh....how sad and disappointing.
Maybe you could notify rescues in your area that you have a lactating bitch and she could mother any other small puppies in need.
That's a good idea. It is good that you have that little one for her.

nkthen

It's really sad! Has the vet mentioned any reasons for the miscarriage?

Did your dog did any 'massive' actions or activities?

What about the food?

You see, caring for pregnant dogs is almost the same as caring for a pregnant women.

Hi, sorry I have been gone went camping for a week...

Thank you guys. It's been tough, she's been doing good though. She didn't ever get her milk in, so we have been bottle feeding the little boy. But we still let him nurse off her (she has the cholestrum- sorry can't spell)

And nkthen, this was her second litter. Her first litter of 8 all lived, all our alive and healthy. I know how to care for a pregnant bitch. I don't think I said it in the first post or if I did I was vague... When she was about 6 weeks along she stopped eating. Wouldn't look at food. She went 3-4 days without eating then she went in for surgery to get her blockage removed (it was something that has been in there for a long time.) So it was lack of nutrition that they didn't live. I was kinda offended by your post, it was not our fault they did not live. In a way it was but it wasn't because we didn't know how to take care of a pregnant dog.

Members online

No members online now.