Dance and Journ: A spring hike

Toller_08

Yesterday evening I decided to take my girls and I to one of my favourite parks. It was a really stressful, bad day and taking them out was the best thing I could have done. It was so nice out last night and these two are so relaxing to take out. We ended up finding some slightly different trails than usual by accident, so it ended up more of a hike than a walk, and we all had fun! Except when I heard some rustling and thought we might get eaten by a cougar or something haha. Journey accidentally went for her first swim, too. Poor puppy. Dance jumped in thinking she saw something retrieve-able and Journ, without thinking, leaped off a bank right after her... only to find that she couldn't use her feet and sunk for a second. Not quite how I'd wanted her first water experience to go, but hey, you can't control everything puppies do. She's such a go getter though that I'm sure she'll give it another try later on in the season. Other than that, they had a blast running around together and just exploring and sniffing things and being dogs. I'm so happy spring is finally here. Hopefully it sticks! :)

I have two favourite pictures of Dance in this tree that I was trying to replicate with Journey so I can hang them up in my room. It's such a neat tree for posing dogs in.

She's such a little bunny haha. Always hopping and bouncing.

Her coat is coming in now and I'm obsessed with her bum fluff lol. It's so fluffy and pretty.

Happy girls. I love this picture.

Lots more!

Toller_08

Poor drowned mutant hamster haha. Oh, Dance... even after all these years, the wet look still is not for you. :rofl1:

Apparently a family trait. She doesn't realize her friends don't appreciate her hip checks... or maybe she just doesn't care lol.

Still a bunch more!

Toller_08

She loves when she beats Dance to the ball and then does "Bet you can't catch me!" zoomies afterward.

Such a pretty girl. And her coat is awesome. I couldn't believe how quickly it dried and absolutely nothing sticks to it. Dance's coat was ruined by being spayed, but still, she took way longer to dry than Journ. And I was plucking all sorts of debris out of poor Dance.

More!

Toller_08

And to think I once thought black Aussies were boring. I could look at her all day! Luckily she never seems to tire of people admiring her haha.

No trace of puppy left at all in this one.

Finished! Hope you were able to get through them all. And to think, they're narrowed down from like 500!

Such beautiful girls! I saw my first Toller in the park last week, and a fluffy Aussie later that same day and it made me think of Journey and Dance in a total internet-stalker way, haha.

Sekah

The Monster.
The two of them are just lovely. Dance is one of the prettiest Tollers I've seen, and Journey is beautiful of course. That quick dry Aussie coat is amazing.

Side note, Cohen was spayed at 5.5 months (not ideal, considering what I feel I know now) and her coat is in my mind quite ideal. Quick drying, shiny, soft, resilient.

k9krazee

Journey makes Dance look like the puppy!!! Looks like a great place to hike, and the pictures are amazing as always. I can't believe how grown up Journey looks.

I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite picture!

That first picture of journey is beautiful!
The Aussie coat in the best thing ever, Desoto's stays nice and clean looking, dirt just seems to brush off it and drys pretty quickly.

Toller_08

Such beautiful girls! I saw my first Toller in the park last week, and a fluffy Aussie later that same day and it made me think of Journey and Dance in a total internet-stalker way, haha.
Haha I do that all the time when I see pairs of dogs similar to Chaz dogs.

And thanks!

The two of them are just lovely. Dance is one of the prettiest Tollers I've seen, and Journey is beautiful of course. That quick dry Aussie coat is amazing.

Side note, Cohen was spayed at 5.5 months (not ideal, considering what I feel I know now) and her coat is in my mind quite ideal. Quick drying, shiny, soft, resilient.
Thanks!

I was just surprised at how well her coat takes to everything. Normally the only time she gets wet is after a bath and then I blow dry her, so I didn't realize how quickly she'd just dry on her own.

I love Cohen's coat. I wish Journey would just keep the amount of coat she has now forever and not get too hairy, but we'll see. Journ won't be spayed for quite a while, but when it eventually happens, I hope her coat doesn't get ruined as a result like Dance's did.

Journey makes Dance look like the puppy!!! Looks like a great place to hike, and the pictures are amazing as always. I can't believe how grown up Journey looks.

I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite picture!
I know! Dance is always mistaken for a puppy, but especially now that Journey barely looks like one.

And thank you as well! It's a great park. The only trouble is that there are a lot of wild roses and thistles, so it can be rather prickly. But it's huge and quite pretty.

That first picture of journey is beautiful!
The Aussie coat in the best thing ever, Desoto's stays nice and clean looking, dirt just seems to brush off it and drys pretty quickly.
Thanks!

DenoLo

Gorgeous pictures. I love the one of them both up on the log!! I can't believe Journey is so grown up!

thehoundgirl

Awesome pictures as always. I love your girls! Journey is growing up so fast and looks so elegant. Dance is pretty too. :) They look like they have the best times together! :D

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Ummmmmm love. They look amazing together too haha. Holy crap, is Journey bigger than Dance now??

FG167

Wow! Journey's all grown up! Dance's face just looks so sweet and puppy-like. There are many days that I think have gone to complete crap where I just take a stroll with the dogs and it really lifts my spirits. Happy/fun dogs are the best!

I have become obsessed with Aussies since you two brought Journey and Merlin home. I watch them when I see them out and about to see if I'd like their temperament. The BC temperament just is not for me but I am starting to think the Aussie temp might be. My only hang up has been the lack of tail (not that Journey's fluffy butt is not ADORABLE), but I have started to think that getting a tailed Aussie might not be so difficult.

Anyway, moral is that I need to meet more! :) I would love to meet Merlin and/or Journey someday. I LOVE their coats and their overall shape - such beauties!

Toller_08

I LOVE Journey so much. Dance is beautiful, too.
Thank you!

Gorgeous pictures. I love the one of them both up on the log!! I can't believe Journey is so grown up!
Thanks! And me either! She is only 7 months old but she seems way more grown up than that sometimes and definitely is beginning to look it, too.

Awesome pictures as always. I love your girls! Journey is growing up so fast and looks so elegant. Dance is pretty too. :) They look like they have the best times together! :D
Haha, I think "looks elegant" is right. She certainly doesn't act it. But thank you!

Journey has an absolute blast with everything. Every day is just the best day ever in her mind. Dance I am sure wonders why I brought a pushy puppy home, but she does like Journ and puts up with her antics well. Both of them are really just happy doing stuff with me... and I just make Dance do stuff with Journey. I'm sure if she had it her way, we'd leave the kid at home and go on a more relaxing (for Dance) walk. :rofl1:

Ummmmmm love. They look amazing together too haha. Holy crap, is Journey bigger than Dance now??
Thanks! And yep, she's been an inch taller than Dance for about a month or so now. She hasn't grown in a while though. And I haven't weighed her in a while, but I'm guessing she's about 38lbs... so like 8 pounds bigger than Dance. In person Journey doesn't look that much bigger than Dance to me though. They both seem really little to me.

Wow! Journey's all grown up! Dance's face just looks so sweet and puppy-like. There are many days that I think have gone to complete crap where I just take a stroll with the dogs and it really lifts my spirits. Happy/fun dogs are the best!

I have become obsessed with Aussies since you two brought Journey and Merlin home. I watch them when I see them out and about to see if I'd like their temperament. The BC temperament just is not for me but I am starting to think the Aussie temp might be. My only hang up has been the lack of tail (not that Journey's fluffy butt is not ADORABLE), but I have started to think that getting a tailed Aussie might not be so difficult.

Anyway, moral is that I need to meet more! :) I would love to meet Merlin and/or Journey someday. I LOVE their coats and their overall shape - such beauties!
I really can't say enough good things about her! I knew I'd probably like living with an Aussie, but I never imagined that she'd be such a perfect fit for me. She's amazing. And it sounds weird coming from somebody who has Dobermans, but the lack of tail was a bit of a drawback to me for a while as well. And then I just decided that it didn't matter because I really liked the breed and thanks to Fran was in love with this litter, and now I think the bunny butt is adorable. But there do seem to be more people leaving tails on now, and a friend of mine has a wonderful puppy three weeks older than Journey imported from Germany with a tail. But even in North America, it seems you can find tailed Aussies.

gorgeous!! love all the photos!
Thank you!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
OMG when did Journey get so grown up??

I've got to say, I absolutely love her fur! It just looks so fluffy and perfect!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
You know how much I adore Dance (or at least you should by now, lol), and now I'm totally in love with Journey, too. <3
Fantastic pictures as usual. I'm just kind of bummed I was on hiatus (no computer) and I missed watching Journey grow up!

Equinox

GORGEOUS gorgeous photos. Every single one of them!! I really love that time of the day for photos, and you have so many great ones. Also love that past photo of Dance by the tree, it's really beautiful.

Journey is so pretty, and is growing up so well. I swear Fran was only posting baby hamsterpuppy pictures last week! And black Aussies are not boring at all - the black bi's and tri's are actually my favorite two colors/patterns on an Aussie or BC.

Members online

No members online now.