Little Tundra Animal

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Okay.... not exactly.

It SNOWED last night! Crazy, isn't it? It was 75 yesterday,lol. Anyways I was hoping I'd come back from my final and some would still be here, but alas, it was all melting. Oh well, here's some pics anyways! I'll have plenty of time for snow pics soon enough.

Leaping over the ditch is a favorite pastime of hers.

More

Laurelin

I'm All Ears

She aspires to be a husky one day. lol

No she doesn't always run with her tongue out- just most the time. ;)

And then the best command in the world...

'Go home' (She thinks it's a game to race to the door. Makes running pictures really easy to get!)

The end!

sisco16

koda bear
lol i love them. You probably dont get snow there often do you We just got a foot of snow here so my huskys were going crazy to get outside. But your right those sprinting poses look very husky like. Mine bound through the air like that all the time shes a very cute dog. I like the one of her jumping the ditch.

noludoru

Bored Now.
You live in TEXAS and you got snow.

That is it. The weather really does have a grudge against me. I can't think of any other reason this would happen.

And cute pics, BTW. But I want SNOW!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
hehe, we never get snow here, but we do back home. I only remembered it snowing once when I was a kid. Tis is a shame it melted so fast though today.

She has pretty boundless energy. One or two posed shots then she wanted to go run.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I looooooove the second picture of her.

And I is mad at you cause you has snow. :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Okay, I bet she runs with her tongue sticking out because it's ADORABLE. Adorable adorable adorable.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
How do you manage to take action shots of her? I have never come across a faster animal then a Pap at full flight! I am dying to get some shots of Ben with his mane flowing.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
How do you manage to take action shots of her? I have never come across a faster animal then a Pap at full flight! I am dying to get some shots of Ben with his mane flowing.
Oh gosh, she's fast, it's insane. Nard is even faster, I can't wait until he grows up.

We actually race our papillons for fun at the local papillon meets, and Summer is the undefeated champion. :) I never got any pictures because my whole family has dogs to set up. She beats paps twice her size!

Lemme tell you though, she is TOUGH to get action shots from. She only believes it's fun to run to her person. She will only run towards me if given the chance. So... in order to get good shots I had to work on a command to get her to run past me, which was HARD. I had to set up a finish point that she knew, so I initially used the word 'home'. So I taught her to go to the door. She really has only one speed so running there wasn't a problem. She'd go to the door, then I'd give her a cookie. Lengthen the distance and eventually I'd go stand somewhere random and send her to the door. So I could get directly where she'd run past me to get to the door, sprinting and I'd sit and try taking pictures. She figures it's the best game, lol. The shots in the field are really me tricking her into running past me. Usually I have to get across the ditch to get pictures. Yeah, it's actually kind of complicated, lol! I've never actually typed it out, so now I think I sound insane! But hey, the command also doubles for a good command to have in a tight situation. Tell her to go home and she sprints to the door. :D

I also am using a decent camera, which helps a lot and a decent zoom lense.

Giny

Great pictures! I love how she runs with her little tongue sticking out....*must concentrate* Very cute! lol

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Oh gosh, she's fast, it's insane. Nard is even faster, I can't wait until he grows up.

We actually race our papillons for fun at the local papillon meets, and Summer is the undefeated champion. :) I never got any pictures because my whole family has dogs to set up. She beats paps twice her size!

Lemme tell you though, she is TOUGH to get action shots from. She only believes it's fun to run to her person. She will only run towards me if given the chance. So... in order to get good shots I had to work on a command to get her to run past me, which was HARD. I had to set up a finish point that she knew, so I initially used the word 'home'. So I taught her to go to the door. She really has only one speed so running there wasn't a problem. She'd go to the door, then I'd give her a cookie. Lengthen the distance and eventually I'd go stand somewhere random and send her to the door. So I could get directly where she'd run past me to get to the door, sprinting and I'd sit and try taking pictures. She figures it's the best game, lol. The shots in the field are really me tricking her into running past me. Usually I have to get across the ditch to get pictures. Yeah, it's actually kind of complicated, lol! I've never actually typed it out, so now I think I sound insane! But hey, the command also doubles for a good command to have in a tight situation. Tell her to go home and she sprints to the door. :D

I also am using a decent camera, which helps a lot and a decent zoom lense.
Ah uh! Now can you give me the easy to teach version for a dog with serious ADD! :rofl1:

Members online