Riot Skijouring..

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Well,
Tim and I hooked Riot up to Tims Husky, Tyr to see how he would go at scooterjouring(lol not sure the technical term).

We hooked them up side by side because they are of equal speed for the most part. Anyways Tim drove the scooter and just went around his block to see how they would go together (it was almost dusk and we didn't have enough time to get out to the trails).

Anyways, it looks like Riot is Tims replacement race dog! :) Riot did amazing, I could barely see them go because it was so dark out but Tim said that he did great, in the beginning he was a bit confused as why he couldn't smell anything that he went by, but at the end he was helping Tyr pull the scooter! yay :)

They even had an older man walk down the road past them, they kept going, they had another dog barking at them in its yard (oddly enough a Gronendael lol) and both of them passed! Riot was a little bit lured in though, but Tyr is bigger and stronger then him and pulled him with him and Riot forgot all about the other dog.

Anyways, We got some pictures of the five of us all together, so I'll post them whenever I get them :)

hehe Things are just so perfect hehe yay!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
YAY that is awsome, Jenn! :D Sounds so fun and can't wait for more pics!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, that's soo cool! :D I'm so glad it went so well! I would LOVE to see pics!

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
Glad everything worked out! (Man, this is a small world. Saw Tim's post on this on SDC this morning, didnt really think anything of it, saw this one, and the two clicked!)

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
lol Thats awesome! :)

It sure is a small world eh lol

I'm glad that he'll be able to use Riot in this. I think it would be a fabulous winter sport for RIot to participate in :) All thanks to Tim lol

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
Jenn

There's no u in skijoring ;)
And it's called Dog Scootering ;)

And actually Riot is faster then my other dog Princess so on flat courses he'd work out really well. Princess while not as fast has an almost rediculous amount of power for a dog her size so she'd end up being better on hilly courses then Riot as going uphill doesn't slow her down very much.

I'm gonna be stealing Riot on you now and again :p

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
lol Thanks Tim...

hehe Ren, He'll get there eventually.. this way Tim can do all his training for it(yay for Tim) so hes not a newbie when he comes to visit OC :)

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
Only problem might be difference in commands...
Remember I use left and right whereas alot of people use Gee and Haw... I just went with left and right to avoid confusion for myself when I started. If I can't remember which is left and right then how the heck can I expect the dogs to.
But yeah I definately agree with the "yay for Tim" part :p

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Well.. Riot is basically a clean slate so I dont see much problem in it.

Riot knows "Right and Left" instead of the others as well from his Rally Training which he needs to keep b/c he'll be competing in the CKC Rally during the summer time as well.

Riots stop command is "wait" though.. so you'll have to teach him Whoa or which ever you use for your pups ;)

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
:rolleyes:
What I mean is if you ever bring him to run somewhere different/with a different team :p

Lets Go
Forward
On By
Go Straight
Turn Left
Turn Right
Slow
Whoa

Hehehehe Tim I used to use Left/Right too!!!! heehhe I was just like "ah what the heck I can never remember them!" but then when I started running with other kennels it got very tedious to say "Lady, HAW! Ronan, LEFT!" so I just stuck with the international commands for sake of ease. Its very easy to transition them when they are running with other dogs who are already trained. Actually now OC and Ronan understand both Gee/Haw and Left/Right.

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
I don't really plan to run with other kennels/run other peoples dogs though (well I suppose Riot would be the exception here).

I train now and again with some people in the states, but since we don't swap dogs it works out ok.

Members online

No members online now.