the different oppinions on cruelty

it amazes me how there are so many oppinions on what is cruelty to animals.
me for example i think that to define cruelty to animals is when a person deliberately harms, hurts, abuses or neglects an animal.
i see a person with a dog and ou immediately know if he is happy or not.
however i know people who think a dog being kept in the kitchen overnight as cruel, who think that to not walk a dog twice a day every day is neglect.

I view cruelty as very harsh physical punishment (such as kicking), lots of yelling for stupid reasons, making a dog live without attention, exercise, etc..

Rose's Gal

gaddylovesdogs said:
I view cruelty as very harsh physical punishment (such as kicking), lots of yelling for stupid reasons, making a dog live without attention, exercise, etc..
Ditto.

bogolove

I agree. Anything causing physical or mental harm to a dog. Abuse, dog fighting, starving, etc.

necterine0

I have to agree as well. My dogs have the run of the house at all times. But i am sure that if one did keep their dog in the kitchen all night they have a soft cuddly cushion for they to sleep on.To each his own as long as he is loved and cared for.

I know there are people out ther that probably think I'm cruel because my dogs are crated at times. But they don't get to see how much my dogs loooove they're crates. Those crates are they favorite napping spots.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
I pretty much agree with every body. I don't find it cruel for a dog to be kept in the kitchen overnight. If the dog likes, it, why not?

Members online

No members online now.