Trick of the week: Rebounds, overs and stalls

SaraB

This week's trick has many different options, time to get creative!! Three different options for the trick and your choice of body parts.

Rebound
A rebound is when a dog uses part of the handler's body to jump off of, moving in a circular fashion. Closely resembles a reverse vault but without the dog actually catching anything. The most common type of rebound is a chest rebound.

Here's a video of Zuma learning a back rebound:
[YOUTUBE]e4T6VJermok[/YOUTUBE]

Over
An over is when the dog jumps over part of the handler's body. Common overs include arms, legs and backs.

Stall
A stall is when the dog jumps onto and stands or sits on part of the handler's body. Common stalls include backstalls and footstalls.

All of these tricks teach body awareness and build trust between the dog and handler. It is always a good idea to warm up your dog and stretch properly before attempting any of these tricks and please remember to keep jumping for puppies to a minimum and on soft surfaces.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Oh yay! I was hoping we'd do something like this.
And good videos out there on how to train a rebound?

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Thanks Linds! Link is always hopping on me, and bouncing off me, so I think this will (hopefully) be easy enough for him to learn.

k9krazee

Here's my kinda step by step for Didgie [YOUTUBE]kQZ1ZqE060g[/YOUTUBE]yes
I remember seeing the blooper section where she's vaulting off of your face instead of jumping over your arms and thought it was hilarious....until Crossbone started doing it after learning rebounds. It's not funny.

:D

I've been meaning to start foot stall stuff -- this'll be good motivation!!!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
So awesome, I want a back stall with B(I can't imagine a foot one?) and a rebound.

Sloan... Over my head? LOL no idea, I don't know, maybe the back stall?

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
OMFG! Artimis just amazed me!

I decided we'd try the footstall with him (I don't believe I've ever attempted this with him! EVER) and I decided to take a video of our first ever attempt. Well, first atempt he was jumping on a small square carpeted board. I did a few times and then turned the camera off. Turned the camera back on almost immediately (no training in between) and Art just did a footstall without a hesitation! No board, just jumped onto my feet! :yikes: I'll post the video's when they load, but i was NOT expecting him to do it and I was all :yikes: lol

SO yeah....I'm just kinda in shock he did it!

Kootenay

Hmm....I'll have to try some sort of over with Yarrow. The thought of doing a stall or rebound with him is a terrifying one.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Here's the video where he does the footstall (I don't think I want to show the first one, I should've picked a different angle HAHA)

SaraB

Go Art!!!! Very cool! I'm also jealous that you are able to do footstalls without shoes on. I must have a smaller dog. Teacup Koolies?!?!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Go Art!!!! Very cool! I'm also jealous that you are able to do footstalls without shoes on. I must have a smaller dog. Teacup Koolies?!?!
lol Do it! Do it and I'll be your first puppy buyer! :D

So awesome!! I love the target idea...
Thanks, I saw it on a video on youtube. He had already worked with that before as a target to step on so that made it easier ^_^

Kootenay

Ok, here's our first session of overs (leg and back). Handy to have done the hoop right before this because he's keen on the idea of jumping!

He kind of lands on my back a few of the times, I'd rather we didn't do that too much haha...

[YOUTUBE]lpaPmnGO0Aw[/YOUTUBE]

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Ok, here's our first session of overs (leg and back). Handy to have done the hoop right before this because he's keen on the idea of jumping!

He kind of lands on my back a few of the times, I'd rather we didn't do that too much haha...

[YOUTUBE]lpaPmnGO0Aw[/YOUTUBE]
Do a back stall. Do it!!

Staff online

Members online