The dog musing/vent thread

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
The gas coming out of my dog needs to stop.

I don't know what she ate but there has been vomit, loose stool, and this death gas.

And then in situations like this it always occurs to me that, probably, most people would bring their dog to the vet for this. And I'm just like... meh. She's fine. I contemplated fasting her tonight but then we came home from our walk and she pranced around the kitchen and was all DINNER TIME NOW YES? How am I supposed to say no to that.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
The gas coming out of my dog needs to stop.

I don't know what she ate but there has been vomit, loose stool, and this death gas.

And then in situations like this it always occurs to me that, probably, most people would bring their dog to the vet for this. And I'm just like... meh. She's fine. I contemplated fasting her tonight but then we came home from our walk and she pranced around the kitchen and was all DINNER TIME NOW YES? How am I supposed to say no to that.
I think the nice thing about working in the field is that you know what is, "Meh, this will clear up" vomit and diarrhea, and what is, "Wow, something really isn't right" vomit and diarrhea.

Doesn't make the vomit and diarrhea any less enjoyable. LOL

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Hahaha yeah probably. I'd be more concerned if she were turning down food, or lethargic. But nope, she doesn't seem too bothered by her upset tummy lol.

And then in situations like this it always occurs to me that, probably, most people would bring their dog to the vet for this.
Yea, at least once a day I say to one of my co-workers, "Our clients make me feel like the worst pet owner in the world" because every time something happens I'm all... vomit, eh. Limp, eh. Giant bleeding wound, eh. :p

*blackrose

Yea, at least once a day I say to one of my co-workers, "Our clients make me feel like the worst pet owner in the world" because every time something happens I'm all... vomit, eh. Limp, eh. Giant bleeding wound, eh. :p
Ate an entire chocolate cake? Meh. Ate chicken bones? Meh. Swallowed a sock whole? Meh, unless it doesn't come up or out by tomorrow. :eek:

_____

My musing/vent: I feel so sorry for Abrams. This past week he has literally be stuck in a crate all day and night except for maybe an hour or two in the morning, and two or three hours at night. He is going bonkers, but I have literally NO time to do anything with him. Thank God he's food motivated and likes his puzzle toys/bones, or I'd really be screwed. Really hoping next week I'll be able to actually spend time with him.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Sometimes I worry that's going to get me one day. "He threw up AND had diarrhea all over his crate? Well, will he chase the ball? Then he's fine."

One day he totally won't be fine but he'll still chase the ball and it will bite me in the butt, I just know it. But I legit can't afford to be as paranoid as I'd actually like to be. =P

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Finally got the dogs to the dog park today. Oh my goodness. Their recall was nonexistent. NONEXISTENT.

And I got hit on.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Husband's thoughts on the subject are similar, haha. On Sunday he walked into the kitchen and said, "Are we really thinking about not keeping one of Mira's puppies? Really? I mean she's...she's Mira. She's perfect. Even I think so and she barely knows I exist."

When even hubby is gunning for Dog#4 so long and it's a Mirapuppy...

Travel-sized Flatcoats need to be a thing. Though after watching a Boykin try to haul a full size drake around the other week, it's pretty clear how a 50+ lb dog has its advantages.
Obviously the solution is to send me a boy mirapup to love and raise.

This is a logical solution. Just do it.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Why is Mia so perfect? Seriously, she is perfect and so funny and awesome. What did I do before I had her?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Today is one of those days that a large fluffy mellow cuddly dog would be nice. I have a fluffy tiny non cuddly dog. :(

*blackrose

Took the dogs out for an hour and a half of walking this evening. Both of them LOVED the time out of the house and Abrams is, once again, sane. Gorgeous weather for it, too.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It wouldn't be so bad but the WIND.

ETA: This is getting bad. Summer is actually hiding from Mia because Mia won't leave her alone. We're playing crazy fetch but it's not working.... Maybe I should shove her food toy at her.

Last edited:

BostonBanker

I do not understand my dog.

Meg hates baths. Hates them. Usually I have to put a slip lead on her (so she can't back out of her collar), drag her into the bathroom, heave her into the tub, and keep one hand on her shaking, stressed body the entire time or she will jump out.

Tonight, I put the leash on downstairs. She walked up the stairs ahead of me, sat next to me on the bathmat while I got the water warm, and when I said "this feels good", she hopped in on her own, and stood quietly while I washed her, leaning into the curry. Zero stress. Zero shivers. Zero ignoring me after the bath or giving me the evil eye.

Nine years old, and this dog still has the ability to surprise me.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
72 nails done today. Got Quinn's quick for the first time in three years. She barely bled, didn't cry, but I still feel awful. This was right after I got frustrated because she was pulling her back feet away from me. Ugh I am just the worst :( I want a dremel!

Members online