Aussie owners!

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Can yall help me find a breeder?
I would prefer one in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama, but if there is one in another state that is d@mn good, I am willing to travel.

I know I can Google breeders, but there are SOOO many and I don't know what I am looking for, like I can't tell the difference in certain breeders. (if that makes sense lol).

I know I want a breeder than does farm work but also has some agility/obedience. I am not worried about showing whether its AKC or CKC or whatever.

But I definitely want one that does health testing.
I LOVE Red merles and Blue merles, so someone who has some experience in Merles is a must.

I guess, I am just not up to date on the reputable breeders as much as most of yall are, and I just need some help/guidance :)

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Finding a working Aussie locally is probably going to be difficult... they tend to be few and far between. Showbred dogs are easy to find, but not what you're looking for. Anyway, here's a breed directory of working Aussie breeders: http://www.workingaussiesource.com/

Good luck!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Oh woops you are probably want to go with Emily's link.
I was looking at show breeders, so I think only show/obedience breeders are on that link.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Finding a working Aussie locally is probably going to be difficult... they tend to be few and far between. Showbred dogs are easy to find, but not what you're looking for. Anyway, here's a breed directory of working Aussie breeders: http://www.workingaussiesource.com/

Good luck!
Thank you!

Oh woops you are probably want to go with Emily's link.
I was looking at show breeders, so I think only show/obedience breeders are on that link.
Some of the breeders that are on the link you provided, have some dang good working dogs too :)

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Those dogs I would consider sport dogs, not working. :) IME the drives and temperament necessary for rally, agility, and flyball, can be quite different from stock work. So before selecting a breeder, if I were you, I'd decided exactly what I want in my dog, and then decide if you want ranch stock, sport bred, etc.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Those dogs I would consider sport dogs, not working. :) IME the drives and temperament necessary for rally, agility, and flyball, can be quite different from stock work. So before selecting a breeder, if I were you, I'd decided exactly what I want in my dog, and then decide if you want ranch stock, sport bred, etc.
Well I want a sport Aussie, not a stock/herding Aussie.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I looked into Pincie Creek Aussie's about 2-ish years ago. They're less than an hour away from me. I also believe they hold many events.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Oh, ok. That's not what it sounded like earlier, based on this:

I thought you putting priority on work, sports being second.
Oh no. Sorry that I got it confused. I want a sporty Aussie, more so than anything. I kinda that back @ss backwards lol

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I looked into Pincie Creek Aussie's about 2-ish years ago. They're less than an hour away from me. I also believe they hold many events.
If you don't mind me asking, what do you think about them?

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I'm curious about Pincie Creek too, since they're one of the breeders on my list to look further in to. I wasn't aware they were producing some dogs with unstable temperaments.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I saw nothing major that turned me off. This was also two years ago. But, I'm way lax about breeder standards and such. I never contacted them, though. Just looked through their website.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Other people may feel differently but if I were looking for an Aussie, I personally would not support Pincie Creek just for the fact that they breed merle to merle because it is "sometimes not possible" to avoid. Which is complete BS.

That's all I know about them, I've never actually looked into Aussie breeders... but that is such a major red flag to me, that I'm sure there are other things I would not want to support as well.

Michiyo-Fir

One breeder that a few members from a different forum recommends is Diamond Aire. I have no experience with them but they seem to produce awesome dogs. Lots of farm work titles as well as show and sport titles..

Diamond Aire

They're located in WI though.

Members online

No members online now.