Change of Food / Tear Stains

Ivy

I'm thinking I want to switch Hank onto a different food. He's on Orijen right now and his tear stains have never been worse. Maybe a change in food will clear it up.

I was looking into Taste of the Wild. Those that feed their dogs this (or have in the past), how did your dog(s) do on this food? Or any other food suggestions?

Also, Hank's got a senstive stomach, would the fish based food be easier on him in comparison to the other blends?

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Teagan and my parents dogs were on TOTW and did very well on it. We would switch up the formulas once in a while. Be warned the fish made the dogs really smelly like fish. Casey had a really bad dry, limp coat, but when we put him in the fish formula or any of their fomulas there was a huge positive change to his coat.

Taqroy

We feed ToTW and have never had any problems. The dogs are super shiny and even Murphy (!) has nice clean teeth on it. I've heard a lot of people say that the fish kind gave their dogs horrible terrible room clearing gas but we didn't have that issue. We tend to rotate through the different kinds they offer.

ETA: I almost forgot - the kind we have right now is Wetlands and OMG it smells awful. Really awful. Matt has decreed that we're never getting this kind again. It's icky (although still good food if you KWIM).

Members online

No members online now.