Ok, this makes me mad...

Alright here is the story, I was with my friend helping her take her dog to the vet, right? He is a Black Labrador. 11 months old, (my friend got him off of another friend) and he was neglected pretty much. (not fed or watered) He only had a pan of water to last him one week, it lasted him a day. So, we were at the vet yesterday, and when we came out, his former owner popped up there. Hes like, "Whats that dog's name" We told him. It was Oz. And then hes like "I knew it! I knew it!" He rambled on about how his boys loved him, and missed him. I go to school with them. And in my head, I was thinking, well if your boys loved him so much then why didn't they keep food or water provided for the dog? But he did take him to the vet, when he was ill, and needed his shots. (so he was up to date with shots.) The vet told my friend and I. But what really got my mind thinking, was that he wanted to bring his boys out and see this dog again, since they miss him. And I was thinking, you gave the dog up, you pretty much don't see the dog again. I don't think. So I came here, to ask you guys advice for my friend. What do you guys think she should do? I know some of this sounds really bad, (my wording, but I didn't reread it.) Sorry about that. Well, thank you for reading! Pictures of him later (possibly.)

goldiefur

No I would NOT let them see the dog EVER! They had their chance with him. How old are the boys? If they were old enough to care for him and did not, that makes it even worse in my book. I think it would be upsetting for the dog and the boys if they are young.

Aquavibe

it's definetely boys' fault. i don't really think they miss him soo much because if they would they should have taken care of him when they have the opportunity. i won't let them see the dog... maybe only they'll be more mature and understand how dogs are treated.

Xerxes

Mr Poopy
Ummm heck NO.

This family had their chance with this pupper. Too bad, so sad...they gave up on the dog. Why should you take the chance that this dog will get confused? You shouldn't. Oz is your dog, not theirs. They relinquished their rights when they turned the dog in.

Dekka

Just try me..
Aside from the fact they should have looked after him from the beginning, if they really cared they would have been following up much sooner, and by phone, not by random chance.

One of them is in my grade, and the other is younger than me/his brother. So they are plenty capable of caring for him. (hes not my dog, hes my friends.)

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
No. I do kinda feel sorry for the kids, but they should have taken care of him. If you let them visit, you can get into some really creepy situations. Best to break it off cleanly.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I agree...... I'm having the same trouble with Middie's old owners grandkids...... they 'want' to come see him. Because they love him so much, I bet. :rolleyes: A family friend of mine is pressuring me to let them come see him, but I'm standing firm in my decision.. THEY neglected him. They had their chance. He's mine now, and they can go to !@#$.

H

HarleyD

Definitely NO. They had their chance, they didn't take care of him, now he's with a new family. They should respect that...not try to get in the middle of it. It could be traumatic for the dog as well as the kids.

Members online

No members online now.