The Venting Thread

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I am removing wallpaper in my master bathroom and it's horrible and tedious. I can't wait to be done.

That's all I can think of for a vent. lol.

Red.Apricot

So my boyfriend organized/is throwing a birthday party for me, which is sweet.

Not knowing the details/having control over things is something I'm finding very stressful.

Why do I have to control everything always?

Brattina88

When the world stops for one *•#**# person because they are so selfish and self centered and they don't care about how the effect others. And yet, people cater to that. It's BS. And I'm sick of it.

Almost 4 hours of my life I'll never get back just now. Wtf.

Last edited:

Lyzelle

The saying, "Nice Guys Finish Last". That is BS. Because you are either A) Still living in your mothers house or B) Have no Job. Or both. And guess what? Women don't want to raise and support a man child! Putting aside the fact that, of course, you only go after women who have NO interest in relationships past money and sex. And then when the big shocker comes on that you have NOTHING in common with that type of person, she went and found someone who ALSO likes money and sex, you get all butthurt and start whining about how nice guys finish last. And women who complain about good guys never being around? No, that's not an excuse. Because when you go date these women who whine, cry, and post all over facebook, you eventually figure out that they want nothing but attention. See how this works? Equals attract. Stop trying to force something that just isn't going to happen because you're thinking with something other than your "nice guy" brain.

/rant.

ETA: Actually, someone else just posted this in my feed on facebook. This sums it up well. LOL. Beware much cursing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXXXX9iVPI

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
I got bit at work. It hurt, and was a very tiny dog. I have punctures on my hand and it's a bit bruised & sore... it's my dominant hand so even writing sucks.

Chris is trying Tony Horton's little month-long system reset/detox diet thing. I am on board because he is SuperFit, and I am SuperFat & trying to change it... week 1 with no caffeine & no alcohol was fine. Yesterday began week 2 - no sugar or gluten.

I would stab someone for a donut. Stab.

Lyzelle

That moment when you're thrilled you are over 1800 miles away from someone you cannot stand because they are a two-faced "friend" between you and your husband.

Then they move to the next state over.

...Yeah.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Apparently I don't actually get paid til next friday. Wtf. And I told my manger that 5hrs a day was my max and she gave me all 5 hr days and a 7 hr day. I truly appreciate the effort but I don't know how I'm supposed to do 7 hrs. I had an 8 hr night last night (til 11pm!!) and I (no exaggeration) can't walk this morning.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Apparently I don't actually get paid til next friday. Wtf. And I told my manger that 5hrs a day was my max and she gave me all 5 hr days and a 7 hr day. I truly appreciate the effort but I don't know how I'm supposed to do 7 hrs. I had an 8 hr night last night (til 11pm!!) and I (no exaggeration) can't walk this morning.
Shoesforcrews.com

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Tbh, she expects you tobdo a 7 hour shift because you work for hervand hat's probably expected of the employee. If you can't give a job what they expect then it's likely not the job for you.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine :p actually, I think she was **** nice trying to go with the 5 hours you want to do. When somebody tries to tell me they want a shorter shift, I generally just give that day to somebody who wants it.

Barbara!

Because of my boyfriend's parents negligence, their black lab is going to be put to sleep.

They are the kings of recycling dogs and they had Ace, the black lab for a while. There was always something a little "off" about Ace, but it didn't manifest itself aggressively until they started to realize he wasn't great with kids. I told them, time and time again, to keep him away from children or lock him up when kids are around. My boyfriend's Dad is a church pastor and they live in the church house, so kids are always coming and going, but it is no excuse for what happened because it was avoidable if they had been more responsible. According to witnesses, Ace was unprovoked when he attacked the little girl and bit her face. Whether or not that is accurate, it doesn't matter. Animal control came and took him and after quarantine, he will be put to sleep. A part of me knows this is for the best...because he didn't have responsible owners, but it is just sad and maddening that this could have been avoided entirely. They aren't even going to go and be with him when he is put to sleep, but we will be.

Poor Ace.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
JennaMarbles annoys the poop out of me. She makes valid points, though.
Yeah, same here. She can really be over the top annoying. I couldn't stand her for a long time. But she does make valid points.
I think she's freaking hilarious lol.

My vent for today is about my mother. I mentioned last week that I want to go back to school. I don't like my job. She told me she didn't think there was anything wrong with that. Okay, cool. Today it came up again... my vet tech hours were supposedly only temporary during their busy season. But they are kind of treating it now like I'm there permanently, but they haven't communicated that to me, and my mom says I need to find out for sure. I said "I really don't even care if it's only temporary because I don't want to stay there. I need to move on to something else." And she seems like, totally ticked off and surprised that I'm not happy? When I just told her that a few days ago? She's acting like I'm being ridiculous for wanting out of this field and wanting to go back to school.

Which is just frustrating because I'm super confused about it all myself, so to have other people think I'm making a stupid decision is making me even more confused about what I'm supposed to do. :(

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Tbh, she expects you tobdo a 7 hour shift because you work for hervand hat's probably expected of the employee. If you can't give a job what they expect then it's likely not the job for you.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine :p actually, I think she was **** nice trying to go with the 5 hours you want to do. When somebody tries to tell me they want a shorter shift, I generally just give that day to somebody who wants it.
Sorry but when someone tells me they're going to do something I expect them to do it. Especially a professional. I made it clear that 5 hours was all I could work and was assured those were the hours I'd be working. I'm aware of the fact that she was nice to give me the 5hrs I asked for, I clearly stated so. However I'm unable to work 8 hours (which is what it actually is, 7 was a typo) and I already went out of my way and worked extra hours last week when they didn't have anyone to work and it nearly killed me. They assured me I'd only have those hours for that one week and that after that I would have 5hrs a day max. And I already know this isn't the job for me, I'm already applying other places lol. It doesn't change the fact that my manager told me one thing and did something else. Doesn't exactly make me happy to work at a place that doesn't keep it's promises to its employees.

Red.Apricot

My back hurts.

I already went in once, the doctor poked it, told me it wasn't my heart (duh) and prescribed me a medication (muscle relaxant) that turned me into a crazy person, gave me hand tremors, and extreme sound sensitivities.

I don't want to go back in because it's going to take a thousand appointments to figure out what's going on because it's a weird thing, and I'm really, really busy.

But my back hurts. :[

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm tired.

Yesterday - my day off - I woke up at 6am to drive an hour out of my way in order to meet my Mike's dad in order to drive 4+ hours to attend a memorial service of someone I didn't know. (Which isn't my vent - I didn't mind going.) We expected to be back around 10pm. But, a horrible accident happened on the interstate and we were one of the first cars to come upon it. A semi flipped over onto the top of another car, and three other cars were in the wreck as well. Three people were life lined and I'm pretty sure the people in the car that was squashed didn't make it. We sat waiting for emergency crews to do their thing for two hours. (Which isn't really my vent either - some people had a much worse night than us. :() But that put our arrival home at 1am. To which I didn't fall asleep until 2am. Then had to get up at 7am to go to work. I worked a nice short shift today and was expecting to have four hours today that I could go shopping, take a nap, and get stuff done. Instead I spent all day helping Mike try to get one of his cars up and running, as they've both gone caput and will need to be towed. (Which also isn't really my vent - I didn't mind helping him.)

But now I'm tired. And I have to get up at 6am tomorrow and work until 6pm. :( Boo.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Today was crazy. It is our "off" day for the week and it was the craziest. Hannah and I slept in which was nice but set me way back in our day. We needed it of course after having this illness hanging on for so long and it felt great until we had to cram everything else in to the shortened time frame lol.

We didn't even get out of the house until 1 pm. Ran to the library and did all our grocery shopping and didn't get home until almost 5pm.

I haf promised Hannah that we could go
Out and ride her bike when we got home so I couldn't reneg on that but i still had so much to do. She needed a bath, so did i. The house was a
Disaster since I was sick all last week and it was stressing me out. Then dinner. Hubby absolutely would have cooked but i made him cook all last week while I was under the weather so i really wanted to cook tonight.

Saving grace.... Hubby came home and took Hannah out for about 45 minutes while i got the house in order and got dinner ready.

The rest of the week looks a little less daunting now though lol. Everything else is scheduled :)

Members online