Slant weave poles

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm looking for them. Unless they are much cheaper and easier to make I'd just as well like to buy them. I was looking at these and really don't know what to think... Agility people help?
Weave Poles

I have 3 weeks left of beginning with Backup then on to intermediate and I am taking Arnold into intermediate as well. He has everything down pat except weaves as we never taught them correctly before so my instructor recommended borrowing (but they have no time) or renting (which is an option but I'd like more time) the course or buying my own for the house.

recommendations?

CaliTerp07

Dekka

Just try me..
Personally I have never used weavomatics (slanted weaves) and prefer 2x2 really. BUT if you are making your own make sure you can make the soild enough that if the dog hits the poles they don't move from the position you have put them in.

Big dogs in particular can hit weaves as they go through.. thats fine in competition, but make sure your weaves can stand up to it.

adojrts

I have used weaveomatics and even have a set which never gets use now. Not the best way to train weaves imo. 2x2's work awesome, my second choice would be channels. To bad your so far from me, I would gladly sell you set of 6 weaveomatic base that I have.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Could you explain this 2 x 2 method to me? I have heard of it but don't know the details of it. I'm open to better methods, I'm still very new to training this as a sport and not just confidence building obstacles.

adojrts

Could you explain this 2 x 2 method to me? I have heard of it but don't know the details of it. I'm open to better methods, I'm still very new to training this as a sport and not just confidence building obstacles.
2x2's are somewhat difficult to explain in text, although an awesome, brillant method to teach weaving. Ask your instructor to explain or demo it.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I suggest making a choice on a venue before buying equipment..

AAC moved to 24" spacing were at 20". My poles are 4ish years old so I had to have them modified to 24". AKC, CPE, NADAC, USDAA etc have different specs. It's easier to train for the specs for the venue you chose then change later, though I do see dogs training at home on 20", and doing 24" in competition.. I'd rather only have one set of equipment you know?

Members online