Hello! Karissa here, with 4 dogs...

My names Karissa. I have 4 dogs. Molly is an 11 year old mini-schnauzer, Kozmo is a 5 year old JRT, Roscoe is a 3 year old JRT, and my personal baby, Lolita (Lola) is a 10 week old Boston Terrier/Chihuahua. Lola is asleep on her back in my lap, with 1 arm halfway in her tiny mouth.

I am in the process of training Lola, and any advice is much appreciated. I wasn't a big part in the other dogs' training, so I'm kinda new at this. Especially since Lola is tiny next to the other dogs.

yoko

hi there and welcome to chaz :D

we have a lot of people with great ideas that can help you with training here! what are you working on right now? just like basic's or is there more indepth stuff you are working on?

Maxy24

Hi and welcome to Chazhound! We can surely help you with training. I'd love to see pictures of your dogs. I'm sure you'll learn a lot here and I hope you enjoy the forum :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Welcome to Chazhound! I have met some lovely trained little dogs. THere was a maltese at the Pets For LIfe Party that was every bit as well behaved as the big dogs around him. I am sure you will do just fine as long as you set a routine, and work at your obedience every day. Little dogs get away with so much that a big dog could never attempt, i don't know why. I will look forward to your posts and pics!

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
Welcome to Chazhound. :D Congrats on the new pup. Little dogs are a big responsibility. There are a huge number of VERY badly behaved little dogs because, as smkie mentioned, they are often allowed to get away with a lot more than they should.
The important thing to remember is that they're a dog, not a baby or a toy, and they should be treated as such. They should be trained just like you would a big dog and the basic rule of thumb with small dogs (especially Chihuahuas and Chihuahua mixes) is "If you wouldn't let a Rottweiler get away with it, don't let your little dog get away with it either!". :)

Cass.

Members online

No members online now.