Barking in cage

mojozen

bullie lover
PoodleMommy said:
If you read other posts by this guy, it appears as though his dad always helped him train the dogs in the past. Some people dont realize the responsibilities of a pet when previously they have had family help.

If you give up on this dog, please find it a good home and dont let him end up in a shelter.

Pets are not disposable creatures. Thats why research MUST be done before you get the dog.

:mad:
Poodlemommy - that's why i asked in my original comment if he had owned the dogs with his family while a kid or if he had owned them as an adult on his own. I had gotten teh feeling that it was the former and not the latter. :(

nattirex said:
We picked the dog as a mutt in essence because he was calm and friendly and therefor we couldent do much research, obviously his temperement has changed... and thats ok, for some reason it seems I have been labeled as not caring, and IF that were the case I wouldent be here asking questions... I would have just dumped him, i am finding that this breed (or mix there of) may NOT be right for me, and that too is OK, people (just like my dog) have different needs. We are comitted to this dog and have signed up for and will be attending training classes to socialize him and see some different training methods.

The frustrating part is that on some days I can see MY lessons taking effect, he obesy well and show GREAT progress, then other days it is like it got turned off. This IS new to me and my experiance with dogs. I have sat dogs over weekends and taught them new tricks in the time... so yes, I am used to getting results with a wide range of breeds, sizes, and ages of dogs.
I really wish you had done a lot more reserch on this mix and talked to wherever you got your dog from about changes you needed to make in your lifestyle in order to accomidate this dog. No two dogs need the same things at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.