And why are stricter gun laws still debated when...

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Because the issue here is not the weapon (in this case whether it was an AK-47 or a hunting rifle it's still a gun being pointed at a 15 yr old and her mother), it's the fact that this guy is an abusive tool. Abusive tools are abusive tools whether they are armed with an AK-47 or a steak knife. If this story is true though, this is one individual that does not need to be armed IMO.
This.

If this guy didn't have access to a gun, it would've been something else. A kid in my 6th grade class threw a 3-hole paper punch at someone. If someone wants to threaten someone and they don't have a gun, they're just going to use something else anyway.

Oh, and I totally want one of those bubble guns. I'm so jealous you have THREE of them, Miakoda :p

Romy

Taxiderpy
I think they're actually charging him with some terroristic type stuff
Interesting. At any rate, it's very easy to lose your right to own firearms once you're convicted of any kind of crime. In DV cases, you don't even need a conviction. As long as someone has a restraining order against you, you can't own or purchase a firearm. And if you violate the restraining order that ban is extended for life.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I find it ironic that in most cases, these shootings happen in states where gun control is very strict, so that tells me that stricter gun control isn't the answer.

Besides, gun laws don't hurt offenders, they hurt those who follow the law.

Snark

Mutts to you
Be careful with that thing. A kindergartener was suspended for threatening to shoot that deadly weapon at a friend.

Lol I wish I was kidding about the last part
That was totally different. That terrorist five year old had a Hello Kitty bubble gun and she wasn't afraid to use it! (I don't usually support law suits but I hope her mother sues the pants off those idiots at that school).

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
That was totally different. That terrorist five year old had a Hello Kitty bubble gun and she wasn't afraid to use it! (I don't usually support law suits but I hope her mother sues the pants off those idiots at that school).
well... I didn't know it was a hello kitty gun. That changes EVERYTHING!!!!! LOCK HER UP, SHE'S A MENACE.

Yeah I agree with you.

Members online

No members online now.