Canadian, Eh?

Kilter

Sally in the winter.

And not dog-related, but my little brother showing how massive the snow banks were in 2011.

I'll have to find the snowdrift pictures from some of the storms here. But can say that some guys were ripping around through town on their snowmobiles and damaged the TOPS of minivans by going over them without realizing they were under the drifts. :eek: Needless to say now during the winter we don't run low on supplies in case we're stuck in the house for a few days, and the shovel gets stored inside so we can dig out if need be.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
I'll have to find the snowdrift pictures from some of the storms here. But can say that some guys were ripping around through town on their snowmobiles and damaged the TOPS of minivans by going over them without realizing they were under the drifts. :eek: Needless to say now during the winter we don't run low on supplies in case we're stuck in the house for a few days, and the shovel gets stored inside so we can dig out if need be.
That's nuts! :eek: You Albertans are crazy.

adojrts

I can remember when the snow went almost as high as the hydro poles...............here in Ontario. I will see if I can get a photo from my mother and prove it :)

jenv101

Bite Club
Add me to the list! I'm currently living in SW Ontario but grew up in BC (Okanagan valley) and also lived in Calgary for about 6 years after that.

This pic is from Dec 2010 - the last time we had any real snow here lol Seems we either get way too much or not enough!

Saintgirl

From sunny, BALMY Halifax over here!!! We have yet to experience any snow this year, it was 10 C yesterday! Today we did drop down to 2 C, but I'll take it!!! No igloos for me and my crew!!! I always chuckle when I visit the half of my family living in Florida because all of their friends think Canada is so cold, sure some of Canada is freezing but chalk NS up with BC!

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
I can remember when the snow went almost as high as the hydro poles...............here in Ontario. I will see if I can get a photo from my mother and prove it :)
When I was a kid and we lived in Quebec (80's) they had such a bad storm one year. It lasted 2 weeks. To get out of our house we had to go out through our upstairs bedroom windows. The front door was completely covered. People had no power for weeks. We were lucky because we had a fireplace and a ton of chopped wood as well. So were able to stay warm and cook.

k9krazee

I've lived in Detroit ---- a hop, skip & jump away from Canada....yet I've never been!

Thanks. I need to change my siggy though. Bounce passed away not that long ago. And it looks like with a major change in my life I will be down to two.

But even before that siggy wasn't totally accurate, as we had another dog in the house, Sport, my son's BC ;)
Sorry to hear about Bounce :( :( & other life changes (((hugs))))

Members online

No members online now.