I fell in love with another breed

mrose_s

BusterLove
oh no, ive done it again.
And I would like to add to the list of breeds I would oneday like to own.
THE JACK RUSSEL

this is in addition to
German Shorthaired Pointer
Kelpie
English Setter
Dobe
Great Dane

lol, i LOVE terriers I have decided

mrose_s

BusterLove
oh yeah, not all at once but im willing, i am ainming on owning a kennel and teaching dog obediance classes as a career, so you can tell i am very pet orientated

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
I know what you mean, my list is ever growing. I doubt I'll be an owner of those on my list, but it's nice to find out about the different breeds. It's great you've got a plan of what you want to do in future. And must just say I love Thistle's picture!

Jack Russells are great dogs. My canaan/jack russell mix is a great day. Super high energy, quick, and sometimes stubborn, though.

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
Go the kelpies, they are the absolute best, i may be a little biased though seeing as my best friend is a big grey kelpie with yellow eyes.Jack russels are nice, though if i was looking for an obediance partner i wouldn't choose that breed!

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
Lol, no the words terrier and obedience don't really go together do they? Terrier and "why?" goes better!! ;)

mrose_s

BusterLove
bridey_01 said:
Go the kelpies, they are the absolute best, i may be a little biased though seeing as my best friend is a big grey kelpie with yellow eyes.Jack russels are nice, though if i was looking for an obediance partner i wouldn't choose that breed!
have you got a grey kelpie?

BagelDog

Not crazy...
But do you know the AKC renames the Jack Russel Terrier to the Parsons Russel Terrier? It because the breeds founders name was somthing Parson. Rather weird, I didnt know they could do that, but apparentally they can.

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
I have a Jack Russell x Maltese Terrier, although I would say he is 99% JRT. When he was a puppy he was EXTREMELY hyper, and during the day he would just zoom around the house and wouldn't stop! :D He has a fantastic personality, and is also very sensitive (caring), but can be quite stubborn. JRTs are a very smart breed though.

I've also owned a Kelpie x Rottweiler. Kelpies are great dogs but they need lots of space and need to be kept busy as they are working dogs. I don't really think full Kelpies should be kept in the city as they need huge backyards. They are a really smart breed and have a really funny character too.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
i would love to have 1 dog from every breed, but I'm like mrose_s I have to many breeds to choose from:
Golden Retriever
German Shepherd
Australian Cattle Dog
Dobe
Pointer

these are just the main breeds I love!!!

mrose_s

BusterLove
i have an ACD mix, i will never ever have another cattle dog, they are just too crazy in that way. but they are cute. definetly
but i do like othe working dogs, im not huge into BC's but LOVE kelpies :D

BagelDog said:
But do you know the AKC renames the Jack Russel Terrier to the Parsons Russel Terrier? It because the breeds founders name was somthing Parson. Rather weird, I didnt know they could do that, but apparentally they can.
Yup, the AKC changed it to "Parson Russell Terrier". They say JRT and PRTs are two different breeds. I call 'em JRT.

Members online