Have you found your "heart dog" yet?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
This was inspired by Jenn's post about heart breeds, and I was wondering how many people have found their heart dogs?

And I also had a few questions about heart dogs....

Can you have multiple heart dogs?
What makes a heart dog a heart dog?
Do you think that everybody has a heart dog at one point or another?
How do you know when you have your heart dog?

I love all of my dogs, but I'm pretty sure that I have not had a heart dog yet.

L

LabBreeder

I think a heart dog is the equivalent to a human soul mate.
You will "just know" when you have found your heart dog.
I think it's possible to have 2 heart dogs; but one may be more so than the other.
I think everyone should have a heart dog, but I don't think everyone finds their heart dog.
What makes a heart dog a heart dog? IMO I think that is like asking what makes a soul mate a soul mate. There are so many factors involved and it may be hard to express in words but you just know, ya know? :)

moonchild1970

Designated Ball Thrower
yes Reilly was my first. Popcorn(Poppy) is my second. I am extremely lucky!! We just clicked. You know it when you feel it.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I think Molly is my heart dog. I don't know how to explain it really...we just "click" and I know there will never be another dog of mine like her.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I think that I'm just worried that I will never have a heart dog, and that would make me sad, and I don't want to miss out on that opportunity. I also hate looking in the shelters at dogs and thinking "What if one of those was supposed to be my heart dog, but I'll never know it."

moxiegrl

Ive got my heart dog. I think its just an understanding with the dog...where you know whats goin on its head, how it feels, and it understands you. Its like being single and walking through the mall looking at the guys wondering "is one of them for me"....If its meant to be it happens :)

Kase

Casey is my first dog but I can without a doubt in my mind say she is my heart dog. I will have and love many dogs in the future but it won't be the same as how I feel about Casey.

bubbatd

That's the way I felt about my 1st Golden ..... I didn't think I could love any dog more until my Bushwacker and Bubba. I think it's because I got Point at 13, then went on to College and marriage. So I wasn't with him the whole time.

Kase

I mean it Bubbatd, I really do. I'm going to a nearby college so I can stay at home and be with Casey. I just know she is my heart dog, I love her so much :).

Honestly, I don't know. I wouldn't call Charlie my 'heart dog' quite yet...it's almost impossible to tell with a 3 1/2 month old puppy, anyway. He's so busy playing and nipping and jumping and pooping that there's really no chance to realize this...perhaps when he is older I can give you an answer. :)

Toller_08

I don't know, to be honest. I love Tango more than I've loved any other dog and she and I have an extremely strong bond, but technically, she's the first dog of my own that I've done absolutely everything with...so that's probably where our bond comes from. I can't say whether I'd call her my 'heart dog' or not because as I said, she's *my* first dog.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
MK&C said:
Honestly, I don't know. I wouldn't call Charlie my 'heart dog' quite yet...it's almost impossible to tell with a 3 1/2 month old puppy, anyway. He's so busy playing and nipping and jumping and pooping that there's really no chance to realize this...perhaps when he is older I can give you an answer. :)
Isn't that true lol...for all I know, Lucy is really a GREAT dog and will end up being my heart dog...but it's a bit hard to tell right now since she's only 4 1/2 months old and just wants to play! :p

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I am being to think that I have 2 "heart dogs" One was a GSD mix names Timber who sadly had to be put down (her quality of life was fading) she was an older dog when she came to live with us...Now that I have Chloe and she is the first dog that is truely mine and I have had her since she was 9 weeks old she is rapidly getting her place as my "heart dog"

As much as I have loved all the dogs I have had since I was a child (and boy was that many years ago:eek: ) I can honestly says Farley is my heart dog. We have a connection that I can't explain but I am so very happy to have it. All the others will always hold a place in my heart but Farley is the owner of that "special" spot.:)

Members online