Cajun Version 2.0

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Here are those promised details. Yes, we are recycling the name. ;)

She kind of fell in our laps. A few days ago, my mom got a text from one of her daycare parents, "did you see the doberman on Craigslist that's for sale in your neighborhood?" So we checked and lo and behold, she lived right up the street from us. Because of that, my mom couldn't help but respond. We never got a response back though so we just kind of forgot about it.

Today, we got an email back asking if we were still interested. So we walked over to meet her - very social and friendly dog, 14 months old and the owner just can't give her the exercise she needs. We took her for a short walk and she did really well for that, so the owner invited us to bring Juno over to see how they got along. So we got Juno, brought her back, and let them loose in her backyard... and they were instant BFFs. And that was that! We got to walk both dogs home together, talk about convenient :)

She has a good foundation as far as training goes, some basic manners I don't think were really worked on (she still jumps up) but hopefully we can fix that. The unfortunate thing is that her owner was Mexican so most of her commands are in Spanish! Which I don't know any of. :p

Her energy right now is a bit frenetic, she kind of reminds me of videos of Malinois I've seen lol she's just trotting around back and forth, back and forth, never wanting to just STOP moving! We brought her to the pet store and went for another walk, and she was great - seems confident and well socialized, doesn't seem bothered by other people or dogs which is a nice change.

Clicky for video:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
She's adorable! I bet her energy level will balance out on each she's more used to her new home. Hope she continues to fit in well!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Her ears at least stand! :p

We were excited about the potential puppy, but at this point it was still only "potential," and I think ultimately... my mom will be much happier with an adult, instead of a baby.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Puppies are a TON of work... especially Doberman puppies. They're nuts. I think either way you'll be happy, but sometimes things are just meant to be. ;)

DJEtzel

Very cute! Glad it worked out well for you and I love that you're recycling names! That's totally something I would do. :p

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
So far it's going okay! She slept through the night in her crate although I was woken up at midnight to the sound of her chewing her bully stick lol. I brought her to work with me today, she's a little noisy when first put in a run but eventually quiets. Unfortunately her previous owner gave her a big kennel and established a potty area in there, so she has pooped/peed in her run...need to fix that?

But we went for a walk over lunch and played "fetch" Which she totally digged!

SpringerLover

Her crop looks very similar to the other Cajun's in the pictures you posted! They aren't from the same place?!

I hope she works out well for you guys!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh I think her ears look 100% better than formerDog. :p Still not a great crop, but not one where I would necessarily look at it and go "wtf?" lol. Her tail on the other hand is another story, it's a really long dock!

SpringerLover

Oh I think her ears look 100% better than formerDog. :p Still not a great crop, but not one where I would necessarily look at it and go "wtf?" lol. Her tail on the other hand is another story, it's a really long dock!

Awww, I love that photo! MORE, MORE!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Okay, 2 more cell phone pics. :) Maybe real camera photos on my day off!

I sacrifice most of my lunch hour to walk/play with her

We're starting to see small glimmers of some sort of off switch. Otherwise, she *literally* does not sit or lie down, or really even stop moving, unless she is crated. She just constantly trots around the house with a toy in her mouth! And it's not that she's doing anything bad, so it could be worse... it's just kind of exhausting to watch lol and I think we're just in constant anticipation that she IS going to get into trouble. For an overweight dog who doesn't appear to have gotten much exercise, it was a little bit of a surprise to us to see that she is not sedentary AT ALL. :eek:

Sparrow

What a sweetheart! Maybe she is like my cat. When I adopted Maiya, she raced laps around the house for two weeks straight, then settled in. She still responds to "I don't like this" feelings (such as a difference in opinion regarding meal times) by zooming.

Members online

No members online now.