The Venting Thread

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I have something to add to the venting thread. I HATE group assignments in classes! I am in two online courses with the local community college and I have a group assignment in one of them. A forum and a chat room are provided for us to communicate with, along with our personal emails, etc. But do we communicate? NO. One person dropped the class, some people never introduced themselves, so I assume they dropped the class as well. Two people have actually completed work, and one person is working on something but she didn't say what it was, so I have no idea what I need to work on right now, and this stuff is due TOMORROW. I hate relying on other people because other people are so damned unreliable.

*Brain explodes*

I have something to add to the venting thread. I HATE group assignments in classes! I am in two online courses with the local community college and I have a group assignment in one of them. A forum and a chat room are provided for us to communicate with, along with our personal emails, etc. But do we communicate? NO. One person dropped the class, some people never introduced themselves, so I assume they dropped the class as well. Two people have actually completed work, and one person is working on something but she didn't say what it was, so I have no idea what I need to work on right now, and this stuff is due TOMORROW. I hate relying on other people because other people are so damned unreliable.

*Brain explodes*
Yup. Not much on the whole "team player" thing here either.

Have you contacted the instructor?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Dear anybody that has or will ever left a message ever: if you haven't personally spoken to the person you're calling (ie have been communicating through your mother), leave the reason why you are calling in the message. OR, if its obviously a shared number, name the person you would like to call you back. Especailly if said somebody is doing you a favour, such as taking in your animal as a foster.
Love,
Everybody that has ever had a shared answering machine ever.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My sister just adopted a puppy. A five week old puppy. Against my parents wishes. Whose house she currently resides in as she is 17 and still in highschool. While working only 5-10 hours a week. And not caring for the animals she already has. And lying to my parents about where she was and what she was doing when she got said puppy. From three hours away. On top of already slacking in school and making poor choices in general.

She has stated if my parents don't let her keep the puppy, she is dropping out of school and moving out.

I have an ulcer. Not only am I extremely worried about what bringing this pup home is going to trigger between her and my parents (I have a feeling things are about to escalate way out of hand), I'm worried about the poor stinking puppy.

*screams*

Lyzelle

Getting a puppy right now is killing me. We want one. Have planned for one all year. Have the funds. But there's always those few little things we can't get around. Like transport down to Memphis in March. With Zander as big as he is, there's no way a smaller dog would be safe in the backseat. And a larger dog wouldn't fit in front of DH on the floor.

Grrrrr. So terrible.

It's always one thing or another.

No dogs anywhere.

Suddenly dogs and pups everywhere. Can't figure out transport.

Or breeders and rescues just stop all communication immediately.

Lyzelle

Amazon with 2-day shipping? You'd have 'em by Monday.
I looked on Amazon briefly, but they didn't have much of anything I liked. :( And it snowed today, so there's no getting anywhere.

You'd think this far north people would know how to drive in the snow and ice. Well, they do. Problem is, the city has a ban on salts and stuff to put on the roads because it's a farming community. So they put sand down.

Cars sliding everywhere.

Lyzelle

WHYYYY is it my fault that you don't clean up after yourself? How is it that you can tell me with a straight face that you don't clean or pick up after yourself because *I* didn't tell you that it needed to be done? I am not your mother. You are a 22 year old man. YOU CAN CLEAN UP YOUR OWN **** MESSES WITHOUT ME TELLING YOU TO.

Particularly if you have the mind to come to me and complain the house is a mess and that *we* should clean. When I've been telling you every.single.day for the last WEEK that there's **** everywhere and I'm cleaning constantly and there are dishes everywhere, and DO NOT LEAVE FOOD ON THE FLOOR.

And then you have the gall to get hissy pissy with me when you find me downstairs cleaning, ask what I'm doing, and I tell you I am cleaning because the house is trashed. Again. Like I've been saying every.single.day for the last WEEK.

WTF IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Xmas miracle needed please. In the form of a welsh speaking, keen to learn employee who doesn't mind working evenings, weekends and holidays.

To start tomorrow.

And good vibes for oh's father's health. He's pretty ill.. lot's of treatments to come :(

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
My 18-55mm lens for my camera is dead. >_< Just when I got a NEW lens attachment as a present that would've worked perfectly for it too! Now, I'm seriously sad. :(

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe

*Brain explodes*
I had to do a group project in an online class with four other people. I decided to have them send everything to me and I would put it all together and format it as needed. I'm glad I did. None of them followed directions and they sent me everything at the last minute. I had to rewrite our entire paper. I hate group projects. Everyone always expects someone else in the group to do all the work.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I had to do a group project in an online class with four other people. I decided to have them send everything to me and I would put it all together and format it as needed. I'm glad I did. None of them followed directions and they sent me everything at the last minute. I had to rewrite our entire paper. I hate group projects. Everyone always expects someone else in the group to do all the work.
Exact same thing happened to me. I was up until 3AM the night before it was due re-writing the entire project completely unknown to the other two students because I was NOT turning in their crap with my name on it. We still got a B on the project and for some COMPLETELY unknown reason he made that paper the biggest portion of our class grade... stupid stupid stupid I'm still mad about it and that was almost a decade ago.
The best part was when I was hard at work at 1AM and remembered "oh $*@) I have to write ANOTHER paper for ANOTHER class for tomorrow!"

yeah... not my best night as a college student.

Group assignments can be the worst. We had a "group speech" in one of my communications classes too. That was interesting. We managed to do a really great job, but we pissed off almost the entire class because the results we discovered in our research on the topic were NOT what people expected. So after we delivered our speech/our results, we were supposed to take questions from the class, which turned into everybody trying to tell us why we were wrong. It's not even us!! These are government funded studies that found these results folks! At least it was with a group so none of us took it solely personally, haha.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Writing my final paper on paradise lost.

2 pages down.
4 to go.

it's an analysis paper and it's just DRAGINGGGGGGGG ugh I hate this book. I really do. It's not even a long paper I just waited until the last minute as per usual.

Lyzelle

Woke up to the kitchen being a mess. Then Zander snarfed left over pot roast that Jin left on his side of the bed. Then I come into his room to see he's spilled ravioli all over the carpet, and then decided it would be a brilliant idea to scrub it. So there's a ****ing giant red stain all over the carpet.

This is turning out to be a wonderful ****ing day.

Members online