Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

boneyjean

Stinky Butt
Mei Tais are great for older babies and toddlers as well....these pics are of front carries just because I was taking pics for someone but usually at that age they were always back carries....

The great thing is that they work great for infants too without any special inserts. I froggy legged Cooper until he was old enough to spread his legs. By froggy legging him, it put him high enough up in the carrier that it was comfortable for both of us and his head was always right there for me to kiss it. ;) And you can easily roll it up and throw it in your bag unlike the structured carriers. I used mine with Devin once she was about 6 months old, but with Cooper I used it from day 1 because it was by far my favorite of all of the ones I used with Devin. Also, there are a ton of them out there in all different price ranges. I always got mine on etsy because the more name brand ones were just so expensive. Now Infantimo sells one that actually looks pretty nice.

milos_mommy

I would just tell her "Thanks for offering, if we ever need anybody we will keep you in mind and let you know!" Repeatedly if you have to. In those exact words over and over again.
There is no polite way to tell somebody you don't trust them (or her BF, because it implies poor judgment on her behalf of her SO) with your child.
Thanks. This is what I've been doing, but it ends up me repeating myself 30 times while she's like "seriously, anytime. If you want to get your nails done. I'm free Friday night if you want to go out. Or if you ever need to run errands." And on. And on.

I wasn't going to tell her I don't trust her lol, I was thinking more along the lines of telling her I'm not really comfortable leaving Lillian with anyone except her grandparents, but then if she finds out about anyone else babysitting (not that I'd really leave her with anyone else) she might be offended.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Thanks. This is what I've been doing, but it ends up me repeating myself 30 times while she's like "seriously, anytime. If you want to get your nails done. I'm free Friday night if you want to go out. Or if you ever need to run errands." And on. And on.

I wasn't going to tell her I don't trust her lol, I was thinking more along the lines of telling her I'm not really comfortable leaving Lillian with anyone except her grandparents, but then if she finds out about anyone else babysitting (not that I'd really leave her with anyone else) she might be offended.
Well, it doesn't HAVE to go on and on. She offers to babysit and you say not needed tonight, but thanks! If she keeps texting you again saying "seriously, I'm free!" you don't have to keep responding to her and get stuck in a loop. The nice thing about text messages is they don't demand an immediate answer - or even an answer at all really. It might seem a little rude but conversations do have to end sometime LOL.

Obviously she really wants to babysit for whatever reason. Maybe she really likes babies and wants to babysit. Maybe she thinks a lot of parents don't have anybody to babysit, so she's making sure you know she is available to help, even if it's just for something like taking some time to go get your nails done or whatever (and truthfully I do know a lot of parents who whine about not having a babysitter and having to find somebody.) Or maybe she just really needs some cash LOL. It's quite nice of her to offer, really. And maybe one day you will legit need her in an emergency, so it's nice to know she is willing and probably best not to set anything up to blow up later. The BF might not stick around either.
And yes, if you lie you're setting yourself up to be possibly be caught out later and create an argument and hard feelings. There's really no need to make excuses about it or come up with something that might backfire later. Just a thanks but it's not needed will do the job. Unless she's REALLY bored (or desperate) she will probably stop soon.

Alternatively, maybe she wants to hang out with the baby. Maybe you could tell her you want to run some errands and would she be willing to come along and help out with the baby while you try on clothes/pick up groceries/get your hair cut/whatever? That way she can feel like she's babysitting and helping out and you don't have to, well, actually let her babysit LOL.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
What about having her watch the baby at your house? It sounds like you're not really concerned about *her* but about her BF.

milos_mommy

I'm not AS concerned about her as her BF...but I still don't want her babysitting. And yeah, so far I've been doing the "thanks, we'll let you know" every time but she is NOT relenting (and the rest of the family even warned me not to give her my phone # because she'd never leave me alone).

Beanie, letting her come along while I shop or something is a good idea!

In other news, Lillian had a cute new "first" yesterday...she pet the dog all by herself!

joce

So stressed last couple weeks. Cervix was short couple weeks ago and dr did recheck today and it was normal!!! Still not supposed to do anything but feel so much better. Almost had to go on real bed rest and not sure how that would of worked out.

Grab

Glad all is well now!
I was so glad I didn't have any issue that would require bed rest. We would not have been able to go down to one income at all, so I'd have had to take my chances.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I'm not AS concerned about her as her BF...but I still don't want her babysitting. And yeah, so far I've been doing the "thanks, we'll let you know" every time but she is NOT relenting (and the rest of the family even warned me not to give her my phone # because she'd never leave me alone).
Aghhh that is the most awkward thing ever, right? I'm just like you... very picky and overprotective. As we should be! I don't get Moms (especially young moms like us) who will throw their baby at anyone and take off. Hell to the no.

Frank's family always asks to babysit. As far as I'm concerned, not one of them is trustworthy... his Aunt in a city 2 hours away wants us to leave him there for the weekend, and he's met them once when he was 2 months old. WTF? Yes I'm going to spend 8 hours on driving/gas so my baby can be terrified and confused in the hands of strangers all weekend. They all probably think I'm a total bitch but I just smile and say "Maybe when he's older! He's really attached to me." ONLY my Mom, Grandma and sisters are allowed to watch him, I just don't have responsible/baby savvy friends.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Yep I have asthma too and removing gluten has greatly helped. :)
Me too! :eek:
I have always thought "gluten free" was just a fad. Now that I'm doing it, I feel much better, I'm losing weight, and I'm NOT getting sick... at all. I started getting swollen and sore joints to the point of my doctor thinking it was RA after I had Malakai, which I found out was from allergies to eggs and gluten.

Has anyone else had weird health issues and/or hormone issues after giving birth? I have never been on such a physical rollercoaster! I think the changes I'm forced to make are definitely for the better of my health and life, though.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
How has your child eye color changed?

All where born baby blue and I wanted so bad for them to stay but NOOOOO
Now i have a couple brown eyed boys and hazel eyed girls.

So what about it , I am going to try and find pics of them all. lol

LeSIGH ......

Last edited:

milos_mommy

Lilly's eyes were dark dark (like navy) when she was born, but looked dark until we moved to a room with a window and she was in sunlight.

They were brown the next day. I think they've gotten a tiny bit lighter, but not much.

milos_mommy

Has anyone done any kind of non cry-it-out sleep training?

Lillian goes through periods of sleeping through the night, but typically she wakes very frequently - and now it's starting to be not to eat, just to be rocked/soothed back to sleep. We're thinking about doing some sort of sleep training to teach her how to self-soothe and fall asleep on her own (she won't fall asleep in a swing, car, stroller, etc..ONLY if she's being held (and usually walked/rocked/swaddled/etc.). And unless she's in a VERY deep sleep, her eyes pop wide open and she cries when we put her down.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Nico's are still blue. All my kids have beautiful blue eyes. I have blue eyes though and Doug has blue eyes too. My ex had green eyes. All my kids were born blond as well but my 3 oldest seem to be darkening out. Which will most likely happen with Nico too as he gets older.

Has anyone done any kind of non cry-it-out sleep training?

Lillian goes through periods of sleeping through the night, but typically she wakes very frequently - and now it's starting to be not to eat, just to be rocked/soothed back to sleep. We're thinking about doing some sort of sleep training to teach her how to self-soothe and fall asleep on her own (she won't fall asleep in a swing, car, stroller, etc..ONLY if she's being held (and usually walked/rocked/swaddled/etc.). And unless she's in a VERY deep sleep, her eyes pop wide open and she cries when we put her down.
Check out Elizabeth Pantley's no cry sleep solution.

Though honestly, what you are describing is very normal.

Grab

Clive will be three in December and his eyes have stayed the same shade of blue. Both his dad and I have blue eyes, though, so we'd known his eyes would stay blue. What shade they'd be was up in the air, though.

milos_mommy

Check out Elizabeth Pantley's no cry sleep solution.

Though honestly, what you are describing is very normal.
I know it's normal, and I'm not opposed to rocking her to sleep into toddlerhood, but daddy thinks falling asleep herself is important and I think it will be a loooot better for me, especially when I go back to school full time (I probably spend around 2hrs a day getting her to nap. Cutting our 20-30+ minute falling asleep routine to 5 or 10 minutes would be a huge help to my sanity.

We're looking into pantley's method the most, has anyone here actually used it?

milos_mommy

My daughter really has the stereotypical "high needs baby" personality and I have a feeling it won't take long until she cries while we hold her until she's actually asleep...I guess it's worth a try, though.

Members online

No members online now.