The Venting Thread

Saeleofu

I spent the last 90 minutes crying and writing a response to my professor's email basically accusing me of taking advantage of him because I asked to use one of my APPROVED accommodations. I finally finished it and sent it to him and the 3 people who are involved in student disability services. But now I'm wiped out and I'm shutting down, and I still have all sorts of stuff to do. Not to mention I feel like **** because I am being treated like ****. I hate it.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Are you kidding me? I finally got an obgyn appt for Monday and today Aunt Flo started. I seriously never have periods. Knowing my luck they won't be able to reschedule for a long time and I'm anxious to get on BC/hormones now.
I would go anyway. I got my period the day before an appointment before and it was fine. Depends how heavy it is during the actual appointment.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
People suck. People suck. People suck!!!!!!

Everyone is bringing in their pets now that the summer is over, everything is covered in fleas, including the half bald daddy dog, mommy dog, and their 6 3-week old puppies!!!! :mad:

People suck.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I need a schedule. I need structure. Not having that is killing me.

WHY DID MY MOTHER HAVE TO RAISE ME WITH OCD LIKE TENDENCIES WHEN IT COMES TO PLANNING?!?!?!

I have to face the reality that my dog is getting older. After a week of off and on sickness I took Chewy to the vet today. She had full bloodwork, urinalysis and cytology done and while all came back normal the doctor kept saying, "she looks good... for nine" and "these numbers are normal for a senior." I don't know why it affected me as much as it did but it felt like a dull blow every time. Had to swallow back a lump in my throat when she pointed out a tumor that she wanted to check out.

Anyway, we are now equipped with antibiotics, dewormer, and anti-nausea pills and a vague diagnosis of gastroenteritis. Caused by....?

I'm surrounded by terrible terrible dog owners and I want to punch them all in the throat.

My brothers dog has what I suspect is a torn ACL that they haven't done anything about. This is their second dog that they neglect. (Don't walk, exercise, train, take to the vet...) Their first dog was an awesome black lab that ended up at the HS and then they went out and got an insane boxer mix off kijiji. I take her to work for her vaccines, etc but I can't afford to fix her leg.

My neighbor bought a shih tzu puppy from a flea market. He didn't realize it had a dermoid cyst on its eyeball and needed surgery. He wanted to breed his female shih tzu mix to this one. I convinced him to surrender the pup to a rescue. One year later he gets another pup from the same market, then rehomes it for chewing his baseboards.

My husband's good friend has a dog with hypothyroid and a partially torn ACL. She also has pancreatitis flare ups because they keep feeding her ice cream or she gets into the garbage. They let her thyroid prescription run out when they moved here and they do nothing to address her chronic three legged lameness. They're just going to wait until these two TOTALLY TREATABLE issues become too much for the dog and then euthanize her.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I would go anyway. I got my period the day before an appointment before and it was fine. Depends how heavy it is during the actual appointment.
Really? It seems weird to me to go. Right now I want someone to stab me in my uterus because I am doubled over in pain. It's awful when I do rarely get a period.

I need to decide if I am going to cancel by this afternoon. I do need to see doctors sooner rather than later.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Really? It seems weird to me to go. Right now I want someone to stab me in my uterus because I am doubled over in pain. It's awful when I do rarely get a period.

I need to decide if I am going to cancel by this afternoon. I do need to see doctors sooner rather than later.
I know exactly what you mean. I have an issue with extreme pain and super heavy periods when I do have a period. I haven't had one since May 1st though.

gapeach

Big Mutts

I would go but tell the Dr what's going on....you have your period but discuss what's going on and what you need. They might can diagnose you without the physical examination.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe

Call them and tell them. My doctor had me come in anyway. They may not get an accurate pap smear but s/he can still talk to you about PCOS stuff.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks. I'll call and see what they say. I dont think they will give you birth control without a papsmear though.

I never knew that that PCOS was so common, I was always under the assumption that it was rare disorder.
It is very common. They estimate maybe even 5-10% of women have it. It is the most common cause of infertility.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Thanks. I'll call and see what they say. I dont think they will give you birth control without a papsmear though.
I've been on birth control for over a year and have never had a papsmear, pelvic exam, nada. I was 17, not sure if that makes any difference.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Are you kidding me? I finally got an obgyn appt for Monday and today Aunt Flo started. I seriously never have periods. Knowing my luck they won't be able to reschedule for a long time and I'm anxious to get on BC/hormones now.
That shouldn't mean you have to reschedule. They can even do internal all sorts when you're on your period, it's more about how YOU feel about it, and obviously what you're saying is its that bad, why wait... They've seen it all before. You can't have a smear on your period though.... At least I don't think it's recommended.

And I don't know about bc there, but here, you just need an appt, blood pressure taken, brief medical history chat and you're away!

As for pcos, a simple ultrasound scan is all it takes to diagnose it, never mind blood tests etc. I mean, that will look at hormone levels, but you don't need that to diagnose. They can even do an internal ultrasound when you're menstruating.

It is so bloody hard being a bloody woman!!!!! So many bloody things to think about. Men have no idea how easy they have it.

I hate smears. Like LOATHE them. It makes me feel horrid for ages, the sensation makes me want to crawl inside my own skin!!!!!! Violated isn't the word lol. Necessary evil though, and the only joy is knowing once its done its a few good years before you need to go back!!!

Members online

No members online now.