Female Dog need she is burning my grass with pee?

My female Husky has fire pee she is burning my grass I herd that there is some kind of pill for this ? I live in Edmonton Alberta and if any one would no were I can get this it would help. And is is safe for her to take?

I've never had a dog with urine so strong it was burning the grass! Ammonia will typically fertilize plants. I'd be more worried about what was going on inside my dog and why her urine was so strong than about the grass. Maybe a conversation with your vet would be an idea.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
actually it's quite normal that grass gets burned from pee - it's the nitrogen content, basically the same principle as using too much fertilizer.

it seems to occur more frequently with female dogs, because they squat and pee all of the amount in one spot, rather than spreading it out more by marking, as male dogs usually do.

i would not recommend using any of those so called "miracle" cures for this problem, since it will alter the dog's urine and possibly cause harm.

your best bet is watering the grass often where she tends to pee, to dilute the nitrogen. you could keep a filled garden watering can on hand for example and water over it right after she peed, if you happen to see it.

you can also try to encourage her to drink more, it will dilute the urine somewhat, but of course then she will also have to pee more, which might just change but not solve your problem.

Debi

as always...Mordy is correct. It is normal, so it might be a good idea to have one area of your yard as the potty area. It would be easier to hose down as Mordy suggested, and it keeps the rest of your yard free from 'spots'.

You know, that makes perfect sense. Mine tend to fertilize the grass though - their favorite "spots" are lush, green and grow faster than the rest of the grass. I suppose it's the amount of water they drink? (Shiva keeps the back knocked off of the toilet tank - their favorite watering hole - they can lower the water level by 1/3 in one go.) :rolleyes:

avenlee

Mordy said:
your best bet is watering the grass often where she tends to pee, to dilute the nitrogen. you could keep a filled garden watering can on hand for example and water over it right after she peed, if you happen to see it.
Oh good heavens, Tony would surely have me locked up in the looney bin if saw me following my dogs around the yard with a watering can LMAO (the mental picture of that is hillarious) Especially when about a month ago I was out in the snow inspecting Sadie's poop for worms.

Members online

No members online now.