Beach Trip

BostonBanker

I have had this very long standing, completely illogical, desire to take my dogs to the ocean. It's been a desire long enough that it certainly pre-dates Gusto's existence. I've always shoved it aside, because it was very illogical. I live in a land-locked state that nevertheless has huge amounts of freshwater places to hike and swim the dogs. I travel regularly for agility trials and training, and really should stay home and let the car rest on weekends where I don't need to be on the road. Meg doesn't even like swimming much, and Gusto enjoys any adventure, even running to the grocery store. Neither of them needs to go see the ocean.

But it remained a desire, and smack dab in the middle of two rough months at work, I had a four day weekend scheduled. So yesterday, I woke up and thought "let's go to the beach" and we drove three hours to the ocean.

And the dogs LOVED it. Like I said, Gusto likes everything, and this was another adventure for him. Meg amazed me. She just seemed so quietly pleased, and every time I turned around to look for her, she was standing looking out at the water with this calm, happy expression. It makes me sad that I put off taking her for so long. We will definitely be finding reasons to go again.

And of course I came home late last night with 600+ photos on my camera. Don't worry, I pared them down to less than two full posts!

Gusto mostly found it a very excellent place to run.

And to chase feathers

But he was very concerned about the buoys off shore, and they merited careful (but not too close) inspection

Toller_08

This is something I so badly want to do with my dogs as well! Someday. Glad all three of you had such a great time. Also, I love the photo of the two of them in your signature. I hadn't seen it prior to today. :)

BostonBanker

Also, I love the photo of the two of them in your signature. I hadn't seen it prior to today. :)
It is people like you, who post those gorgeous pictures of multiple dogs together, that sent me on a months-long quest to get a nice posed picture of both of them together. So thank you for the compliment!

Meg reminds me SO BAD of Liz it's disturbing haha I love her!
Liz is my new favorite dog in that case :) Well, second favorite after Meg!

Jenne

Ball Thrower
Beautiful photos. They look happy to be there. I live 3 streets from the beach and hardly ever go, because I hate sand.

Dekka

Just try me..
Hitting the ocean was a big thing when we were on our US trip. (It would take me far more hours to get to salt water) It was fun.

Great pics! I love it when a trip works out as well as one hopes :)

Members online