May 4th Chicago Meetup

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Let's make this happen!!!

I will be passing through on my way to PA and can overnight in Chicago as a halfway-ish point.

So I am expecting everyone in Chicago/Michigan/etc to be there.

k9krazee
Beanie
Linds
Meepitsmegan
uh...Fraggle Rock Collars...lady :lol-sign:
OTHER PEOPLE!

Please Please Please!!!

k9krazee

Let's make it happen!!!!

Would you be in Chicago area on the 4th (Saturday) and are thinking of staying Saturday night?

Meepitsmegan, DJFraggle (lol)...carpool? I could pick you up on the way or something.

I'm game! I work that day now but I'll get it off.

K9krazee and I had been talking a bit before this and we were hoping to do the dog park that I go to all the time because of the size.

SaraB

I work May 4th in the morning, but if I can somehow make it work, I'd love to drive out there! (maybe just to get my Traveler fix, but you know, it'd be nice to see people too).

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I might be able to swing that...

Where would we all meet? Are we bringing dogs?

Also what time on the 4th would we shot for to meet?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
No idea if my car will be fixed by then, and even then I'm not positive if I'm super excited about driving the car that seems fine and then randomly turns up a dead battery and can't even be jumped all the way to Chicago without having tested it out plenty first. So no guarantees if I can make it or not.

Is the dog park fenced? I'd like to bring all three but Pepper might run off... and Payton might too (he might end up stuck on a leash anyway because other dogs sometimes hate him and his testicles anyway, and he'll fight back if somebody tries to pick a fight.)

It's not fenced but borded on one side by raised traintracks, on another side a river/steam and on the other side a hill like thing. I've never heard of any issues with dogs running off there because of the side and the way it seems to be boarded in without being so.

And about Payton, remember Traveler sill has his balls and while I do notice dogs being overly obsessed with him it's usually not an issue because it's so easy to just leave that spot.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
No idea if my car will be fixed by then, and even then I'm not positive if I'm super excited about driving the car that seems fine and then randomly turns up a dead battery and can't even be jumped all the way to Chicago without having tested it out plenty first. So no guarantees if I can make it or not.
Have you had the alternator checked...if it is bad it explains why your car is killing batteries :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Have you had the alternator checked...if it is bad it explains why your car is killing batteries :)
It's a parasitic drain and it's not the alternator, it's not the starter, it's not the radio, the headlights, the glove box light, the radio, the seat heaters, any of the switches for moving the seats, the trunk light, et cetera et cetera...
My dad is a very accomplished mechanic when it comes to cars.

It's a parasitic drain and it's not the alternator, it's not the starter, it's not the radio, the headlights, the glove box light, the radio, the seat heaters, any of the switches for moving the seats, the trunk light, et cetera et cetera...
My dad is a very accomplished mechanic when it comes to cars.
those are the worst. I took mine in, had an 18V drain when the car and everything was off, the mechanic had never seen a drain like that in his life even with a car running and everything including AC on. It periodically pops up No idea what or where, everything has been checked. I feel your pain. You could spend 10K searching for that thing :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Sure, make it whilst I'm in Florida, why donchya :p
Well, obviously.

Let's make it happen!!!!

Would you be in Chicago area on the 4th (Saturday) and are thinking of staying Saturday night?

Meepitsmegan, DJFraggle (lol)...carpool? I could pick you up on the way or something.
Yes, I would be leaving MN Saturday morning and then spend the night.

I might be able to swing that...

Where would we all meet? Are we bringing dogs?

Also what time on the 4th would we shot for to meet?
I would have Siri with me :p

You should go Sara!!!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
those are the worst. I took mine in, had an 18V drain when the car and everything was off, the mechanic had never seen a drain like that in his life even with a car running and everything including AC on. It periodically pops up No idea what or where, everything has been checked. I feel your pain. You could spend 10K searching for that thing :)
Yeah, that's exactly my fear. Ugh! Internet says it might be body console module, but that some guys have replaced the BCM and that didn't fix the problem. I'm crushed because I love my car. It just has over 90k miles on it even for being a 2000. I'm really not ready to dump it... but I don't want to get stranded 200+ miles from home in it either...

Yeah, that's exactly my fear. Ugh! Internet says it might be body console module, but that some guys have replaced the BCM and that didn't fix the problem. I'm crushed because I love my car. It just has over 90k miles on it even for being a 2000. I'm really not ready to dump it... but I don't want to get stranded 200+ miles from home in it either...
mine's been happening since 36K. Not under warranty now, but was then, never mattered because they never found any thing defective covered under the warranty. Talk about infuriating, I went thru 5 batteries the first 4 years and had to pay for servicing and new battery each time because diagnostics weren't covered for non warranty parts, and the battery, brakes, belts and hoses were the only things not covered.

Haven't had a problem for a couple years now, but who knows why??

mine's been happening since 36K. Not under warranty now, but was then, never mattered because they never found any thing defective covered under the warranty. Talk about infuriating, I went thru 5 batteries the first 4 years and had to pay for servicing and new battery each time because diagnostics weren't covered for non warranty parts, and the battery, brakes, belts and hoses were the only things not covered.

Haven't had a problem for a couple years now, but who knows why??
Ummm the fact that you are posting in this thread means you have to come to the meet up. Just so you know. It's a rule.

That goes for you too Shai

Ummm the fact that you are posting in this thread means you have to come to the meet up. Just so you know. It's a rule.

That goes for you too Shai

I don't think I have a weekend that isn't isn't planned out already till next summer. from the end of April till mid may I have 2 seminars/training weekends and a trial i'll be attending to cheer on training partners. I think i might be living in my van with electrical problems if I try to squeeze another one past my wife :)

Members online

No members online now.