How different are you...

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
From you were 10 years ago? Or 5 years ago?

You think you're never going to change, and you will never learn more, but you always do.. you always look back and go... oh, crap.

I have officially decided that as a teenager and 20's are the kind of "I know it all phase" and I was firmly in that camp.... I was in my early 20's when I joined here, and now I am in my early 30's :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: The board felt a lot more firey then - but again, perhaps you only get that perspective depending on where you choose to stand yourself :p

I wonder what the 30's will be.... I would like to tap into my right hemisphere more in my 30's so if anyone has any ideas about how to do that, let me know ;) I reckon everything before that was all about the left LOL

I think you can look back on every stage of your life and see a change... And at each point, you never imagined you'd be any different ;)

So how about YOU?

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I'm only 16 now, but I have changed a ridiculous amount in the past few years. (as do most teens) My best friends say when they first met me (in grade six after I started French Immersion), they thought I was a huge nerd.. which, if you saw pictures, you'd understand. I also used to be incredibly introverted and now I can talk anybody's ear off. The difference between appearance though is the biggest.

I went from..

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/24363_366658463108_7722877_n.jpg

to

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/546921_3677133536978_1307540798_n.jpg

I'm really looking forward to my 20s and 30s though.. I have quite a few hopes for myself.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
I am 33 about to be 34 in a couple months , I look back and just wonder at the things I have seen / done / been put through / put others through.

I have been the child watching the grown ups do bad things , I have been the teen looking around wondering where i fit , i have been the brash and sassy bitch looking around pushing my thoughts onto others , i have been the one wondering if i did right by keeping an unplanned unwanted pregnancy , i have been the one with a broken heart by a woman and a man , i have been the one to have a wonderful real realtionship that has lasted the test of time and more children . i have been all these things and seen so much good bad horrid and beautiful thing/people/places .

I am so glad that people change , in changing i have experianced so much more than if i stayed that mean loud mouth i was in my teen/early twenties.

K

Kaydee

I can give a dinosaur perspective..."golden years" my %$#^&%$*&:(...even in your 40's you still have time to fool around, course ya don't know that cause you're so busy. But at 50 you really realize your own mortality...you wake up in the morning and one of your parents is in the mirror:eek:...But deep inside you still feel 25...and you've almost figured out what you want to be when you grow up...and you know in fifty more years you will probably be dead...wahhhh it's so not fair...but if you can laugh anyway it's okay:headbanger::music_guitarred::banana::cool::headbanger:

ACooper

I agree with you Dizzy........from about 16-ish<--->25-ish is definitely the 'I know it all' phase in most people's life. Once you are past it, you can see others still in that phase of life, you can smile to yourself instead of arguing with them 'cause you KNOW it'll catch up to them eventually LOL

25-ish<--->35-ish is really (IMO) the time you realize you don't know it all, (it's rather shocking really, LOL) you've been wrong about so many things, and you start to truly find out about YOURSELF.

I'm not long out of that phase so I can't really size up my current phase just yet. But again, I agree......looking back on each phase, I have changed a bit (or more) each time and that's a good thing. :)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I was still in high school 10 years ago, so it's safe to say I've changed a lot! In that time I've graduated high school, college, accumulated 5 dogs, traveled quite a bit, got married, bought a house... so many things have happened!

I don't think I was much different 5 years ago. A lot has happened in the last five years though... I had just graduated from college, wasn't married yet (but had been engaged for 2 years)... I'm similiar in a lot of ways, but have just grown up and learned about myself more!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I wouldn't say I'm a whole lot different, honestly. I think the only thing I really see as different is my tolerance for fighting, arguments, nastiness, drama in general. I just don't really see it as worthy of my time and emotion anymore. I don't really know why or what exactly caused that change... just how it is. About the only time I really get hot anymore is in defense of others. Might get a little scrappy to defend myself, but the claws really come out when somebody else is under the gun, especially if it's a friend. It's kind of always been that way though. I'm a sorta fierce friend. So I guess that part of me hasn't changed... I just don't feel the need to jump in just for kicks anymore, or to even take part when it's a waste of time. Ugh, so many more important things in this world.

ACooper

Oh, I would also like to say I am SO GLAD I didn't have the internet during my 'know it all' phase..........I would not want to look back and/or have proof of that phase! ROFL!!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well looking back on my old posts I want to bury them all in a grave forever. lol

I read some of my diary from when I was 14 the other day, so 11 years ago and I was an idiot teenager. Every post was about so and so cute boy or drama between me and my friends.

I guess I really can't talk when I get annoyed with my teenage siblings. I am really hoping they grow up out of the 'I know everything and everything is drama' phase soon.

10 years ago I was a freshman in high school who thought they would grow up to be a vet. I've changed a lot since then and been through a lot of life experiences (both good and bad) since then. Graduated college and got a 'real job' but still don't feel so grown up. I'm still the youngest at work and more and more am realizing how little I know and how young acting I can still be compared to the people that have been around the block a few more times than I have.

yoko

I joined chaz back when I was 18. I have changed an insane amount. At the time I had just ran away from home and still had the make everyone else happy frame of mind... Now not so much but my life is much more enjoyable.

The board has changed a lot XD

I think before someone starts complaining about how 'mean' people can be on here they need to hunt down some of reds old posts and thank god they weren't here then. Because if what I've seen lately is mean they definitely wouldn't have made it five years ago XD

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Complete 180. My family can't believe it.

When Brian and I met 8 years ago I was a totally different person than I am now. Definitely the "I know everything about everything" phase but a lot of other things too. Very immature (I'm still immature LOL just in a different way... more in the "I laugh when people say butt" type of immature lol), was definitely still sowing some wild oats. there seemed a lot of drama in life. I didn't clean, couldn't cook, didn't want kids, I was selfish and foolish.

Since then I have done a complete 180. I'm a stay at home/homeschooling mom, I can clean the heck out of this house (although with it being small it never looks like it lol), I'm a good cook, there is no drama anymore and if there is I just distance myself from it (like family drama with my dad or my sister), I'm definitely a lot more mature than I was at 21/22 (but I'm still childish lol), I just feel like I'm on an even keel now and even when there is a wrench in the works I don't feel like everything is totally off kilter, I just take it in stride. I'm so much calmer in my "old age" LOL. I feel like I can just really enjoy life now.

Really it's a night and day difference from the person I used to be. I've changed so much ... for the better.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Totally randomly found an old diary today from 2002... Coincidence much???????

I am soooooo happy I managed to get through my earlier years. I was a mess!! I feel the 30s could be good :)

ACooper

Dizzy, the 30's are GREAT! :) This may vary from person to person, but I loved my 30's and if I could go back to any time..........I think that's the decade I'd pick!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Night and day. I was 12 years old 10 years ago. I was an avid swimmer/basketball player and I was obsessed with animals.

I was 17 years old 5 years ago, also night and day. In the past 2 years especially I think I've grown a lot and I don't even fully recognize the person I was back then.

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
I'm completely different from just 1 years ago. Moving out of my parents house when I was 21 made me see things a lot differently. I stopped talking to a lot of people who I now consider burn-outs, and having a job is actually enviable.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Well, since ten years ago, I was 7, I'm pretty sure I've changed. And five years ago I was 11. So yeah, a lot of change

Members online