Preparing for the pup

Now that I know for sure that Daphne is coming home in 4 months, I'm wondering what stuff I have to buy. Daphne is already coming with a harness she's comfortable with that has a rigid handle so I don't have to worry about that. But, what are your favorite leashes, mats, portable dog watering bottles, boots, etc.? More importantly, what items do you think would be most important for a working dog?

I'm going to buy a crate, too. Which do you think is best? Metal wiring, nylon, plastic? What should be in the crate besides a bed and some toys?

I'm clueless, I really am. I had a puppy for 8 months but I just had the basics and he was happy. I have no clue what a full-grown working dog needs. I'm sure I'll be taught all of this by her trainer in August, but it's never too early to get a head start.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
My favorite leashes are one from some company 9 years ago selling amish made dog leashes. I couldn't find another one like it, even when I tried, so I went to a paco collars leash workshop, and it's now my second favorite leash :p

My favorite mat for them is a bathmat from walmart. Cost about 2 bucks, lol

My favorite boots are from ruffwear, as well as the jackets Enzo wears in the winter.

I'd get a plastic crate for the house, and a fabric crate for the car, just because of the easy of carrying around a fabric crate.

Members online

No members online now.