Dead owl! Don't look if you don't like dead stuff

Romy

Taxiderpy
Here are some of the pictures we took of the horned owl Charlie found before it went to the Burke Museum. I cannot believe how awesome their feet are.

The blood isn't from the owl, it's from the owl's last meal.

Their legs are deceptively long. I was very surprised.

Pretty chest feathers

Trying to get some interesting angles on the wings.

Poor owl. He had very long eyelashes too. I don't recall ever seeing a bird with eyelashes before.

bubbatd

Owls are awesome !!! I saw one swoop down and grab a rabbit .... sad but it's nature .

milos_mommy

I adore owls A LOT and am sad to see that one passed on but I am very glad he went to a museum and not to some scavengers or something. His feet are amazing!

Brattina88

I was totally fine with the pictures until I saw someone touching it! :rofl1:

Those feet are wicked! Cool :cool:

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
owls have ot be my absolute favorite of the raptors, they are just incredible, seeing an owls feet upclose is a lesson in wow lol, they are INCREDIBLY strong too, its so deceptive just seeing them perched somewhere, you never actually feel the pressure they can inflict simply "holding on"

shame he passed, but glad hes going to a good "home" where his body can be apreciated for a long time to come. they are amazing...

barn owls are my favorites!

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Wow, what a beautiful creature. There are two snowy owls that live in the forest at my place, they are so beautiful and when I had horses and was riding the owls would swoop down and scare the crap outa my horses LOL!!

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Very very cool! I collect Owls (not real ones obviousely) its a hobby I took over from my mom who is also a Owl fan. Those feet are amazing.

Members online

No members online now.