What type of collar/harness do you use?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
What style of collar or harness do you normally have on your dog?

The chihuahuas only wear harnesses (Puppia brand).

We use a chain martingale with Rory. The one we currently have on him is from Collar Mania and has his name on it :D

CaliTerp07

Just a cheapy collar from target, because we never walk her on it (it's just for tags, in case she escapes).

Her harness is a cheap one from petco. We tried a lot of different ones (easy walk, padded ones, etc) and they all rubbed the fur off in her armpits, or she could get out of them. The standard traditional harness fits her the best, and doesn't cause her any discomfort!

Both are in purple, because Zach is a big ravens fan, so our black dog gets purple accessories, lol!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
right now i have puppia style harnesses by gooby for vixie and dodger, charlie has a "car" harness that doubles as a walking harness but hes usually walked on a choke as hes the only one that pulls and the choke keeps him in check, he never pulls on his chain.
rosie has a simple nylon "roman style"
jasper and ruby have nylon roman styles and car harnesses, but im looking to eventually buy them puppia style.

for collars charlie has a muddy paws by lupine, ruby and jasper have simple nylone ones, and the wowies now aparently dont wear collars anymore...

collars are for tags only

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Puppia harnesses are by far my favorite brand for small dogs. We need to order a Tucker a "manly" one now that he's full grown... he's been using one of Rylie's pink Puppias since he grew out of his small puppy one.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
lupine martingales all around, but i'm a crazy collar changer (daisy has one for every holiday...) so they wear those cheap plastic buckle ones at holidays, the confo dogs wear thin chains for shows, liz & eer wear day-glo o-ring buckle collars to hunt in, daisy wears a flat leather buckle for rally, buster used to have a prong for when he was feeling especially antsy, and ive got some "fashion" ones for fun... mostly lupine martingales ;)

Dekka

Just try me..
Flat collars all the way around. I really want to get a buddy belt for the JRTs when at racing type events. Dekka has a head halter we hardly ever use.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
The older 2 wear roman style Rogz Harnesses for walks and nekkid in the house

Izzie wears her leather harley collar or her leather metallic pink studded for work, and then she has several nylon collars for walking that i've picked up from various stores over time... She too is Nekkid in the house.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Harness from Wiggles, Wags, and Whiskers for walks. It's very heavy-duty, which is good, considering how much wear and tear it's stood up to in the (almost) year that I've had it. If I bought plain nylon ones from the pet stores, I'd have a new one every two months or something. I need a leather harness, I think.

Collars are always martingales unless they're for around the house wear, in which case I have two flat fabric ones and two flat leathers.

Toller_08

Away from the house, they almost always wear martingales (nylon/chain or completely nylon). At home, they generally wear nothing unless company is over. In which case they wear a leather or nylon flat collar.

Giny

When we're home, the dogs are usually naked. The chihuahuas only wear their harnesses when being walked.
Same here except for Boomer, our little wanderer. Since his escape over a year ago, he's collared 24/7 with his micro chip. A cat collar.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Indoors they're naked. For training or walks the corgis wear flat collars. For pottying, the mals wear prongs. For training the mals wear either flat collars or no collars or occasionally Tyr wears a fur saver for training.

Amanda885

I forgot the brand names but his harness and leash from Petco and his other collar is frmo some place online that had the design (blue camo) that i wanted.

Petco has a really good selection though!

Brattina88

At home typically Maddie's nekkid :eek: unless we're in/out a lot that day, then she wears a flat collar or a beaded collar. She's been wearing either a Morgan Collars with special powder-coated 'D' rings or a Beaded Collar with no D ring (I add my own, plastic) because of her sensitivity to metals. With her holistic vet plan, and the supplements, we are re-introducing other types of collars ~ but these are my favorites anyway!! :D

The other dogs have either flat collars or martingales. :)

For walks we're BIG fans of the Fleece Dog Harness. Not only are the dogs very comfortable in them, but they are so easy to put on. No stepping in or out, wiggling a leg in, etc ;)

Sometimes, if its very cold out, they have coat harnesses. They are like a horse blanket - style, but I forget the brand :eek:

Members online