Best collars ever!

I Don't know why more collars aren't designed as Victor and Peppers are. That two piece attached to the ring has got to be my all time favorite design. The ring is ALways on top, no fishing around for it. Pepper is wearing Vic's baby collar so that one is a full four years old now. IT shows no wear at all. He quit wearing that one when felt secure in his border training and knew he wouldn't run off. Tags can be lost, so i had written mom's phone number on both sides and inside as well. Bronki had one that glowed in the dark and had reflective circles on it disguised as moons and stars. I think the orange works better. I wish ALL collars had a relfective strip on them. I sent Blue one that Shaffer wore that was green refective for his river trips. HE said he could shine a flashlight and pick Blue out in the woods from quite some distance. I know when Shaffer door dodged in teh beginning that collar helped me find him quickly and get him safely home.
I agree. The design is great, collar never moves so I always know where the rings are. I get mine from dogsunlimited.com since they have so many different colors and each of my dogs can have their own color.

The best part about the plastic coated collars is that they are a snap to clean and never stink!

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Those don't look very strong at all. Not saying they aren't, but just that they look it. Does anyone actually own one that could attest to their strength for large/giant dogs?

jammer

High Maintenance
They are darling. I love them. Zoe goes swimming all the time and her collars start to stink after awhile.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Thanks guys... one of those collars might be a handy thing to have around. Also since Bamm Bamm is named after Bam Bam from the flinstones I wanted to make him a collar that had the print that Bam Bam has in the flinstones which is like orange with black spots pretty much. If I get one of those and make minimal black spots to put on it then they'll still be pretty reflective... also... we do a lot of camping and I'd like to be able to bring Bamm along so a reflective bright orange collar would prove amazing I'm sure.

noludoru

Bored Now.
The collars look very pretty (and WOW do they have a nice website) but I echo everyone else's concerns about safety. Middie's never busted a collar before, even petsmart ones, but my first thought at looking at those was if they'd break in half. They're a product I need to see and feel and test the strength of before I'd EVER buy online.

Amber: http://shop.dogsunlimited.com/dept.asp?d=23

Herschel

Those don't look very strong at all. Not saying they aren't, but just that they look it. Does anyone actually own one that could attest to their strength for large/giant dogs?
I'm not sure how long they would hold up, and they definitely won't "wear in" the way that leather or cotton collars do. Our primary purpose will be for swimming, off-leash time, and canoe trips. We need something that will hold their tags on and be reasonably weather resistant.

showpug

The collars look very pretty (and WOW do they have a nice website) but I echo everyone else's concerns about safety. Middie's never busted a collar before, even petsmart ones, but my first thought at looking at those was if they'd break in half. They're a product I need to see and feel and test the strength of before I'd EVER buy online.

Amber: http://shop.dogsunlimited.com/dept.asp?d=23
I guess strength is not an issue for me. I never, ever hook a lead to a collar...I don't trust any collars for that. My dogs never leave the house without a slip lead on, so collars are to hold tags only if mine wear them.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Those are AWESOME! I'm getting two for my boys, I think. I just have to decide which would look best on Fozzie... Dublin, Galway, or Cork?!

I actually love collars made of that material. They sold a bunch at the feed store I used to work at, (I completely forget the brand) and those were actually a lot stronger than they look. As far as working for giant breeds or very strong breeds, I would probably be cautious. The sizes only go up to 21", so I don't think they're intended for giant breeds.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
We don't ever attach a lead to their collars, but if needed, we will grab/hold by a collar... they look great for swimming, etc.. And Buddy keeps reminding us that it's THAT time of the year again! lol

RD

Are you dead yet?
Showpug, how do they feel? Are they relatively soft/flexible or are they more on the stiff side?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
nothing fancy about mine...petsmart not to bad in price. NOt glitzy or fancy but when it comes to servicable and safety, thats' my prime concern. I use to like the rolled leather collars but since seeing how invisible vic is in the snow and Pepper is when she melts into the scenery i won't go anything else again. THat ring always being at the top rocks too.

Members online

No members online now.