Lots of people have been asking for pics... so here are some older ones

Kayota

The winter ones are from around when Padfoot's eyes started showing symptoms of that nasty Entropion that my mom doesn't have the money to fix. D: So his eyes look really bad there. Some days they're better, some days they're worse... I just wish we could get them fixed.

I'm too sexy for my fur...

Nomnom grass is good fewd

He was blowing his coat in those pics too D:

Kayota

I sees a kitty... [actually the dogs were always good friends with that cat, hehe]

Must... lick... crumbs!

Mmm snow.

Wazzat?

MORE

Kayota

[forgot to turn siggy off in the last few, sorries!]

It's Baby again! Nooo I don't want my pichsoor taken!

Oh wait yes I do.

I's watchin my mommy, while listening to my OTHER mommy...

Mm, Shar Pei a la mode!

Kayota

I believe this was the next day...

Padfoot: I has a ball with meat in it... how does I get it out???
Baby: Ooh meat? Lemme see honey!

Cannot... get... meat!

Arrrgh!

Also, rats!

Zinc and Klardae just after I got them... so tinyyyy!

MORE

Kayota

And a cat!

China cat

And more dog pics [sorry, just going through my flickr to see what I can find]:

Padfoot doing... uh, SOMETHING, to his niece Raven.

From left to right: Keegan[RIP], Sparrow[RIP], Padfoot, Raven, and Baby on the chain in the background.

Another cat, Tex:

MORE

a.baker

Love the pics! We use to have rats. They loved my daughters beaded curtains. They thought they were little seeds:)

Kayota

My Twist Kitty... "I love to be held but you're squishing me!" LOL

Baby... she's a pretty girl, isn't she?

Sooo pretty!

Sparrow

MORE

Kayota

We found a home for Raven and Keegan. No idea how Raven's doing but Keegan died of illness. Sparrow was too fearful of humans [nobody knows why!] to make a suitable pet so she was PTS. Slash was killed by coyotes, the black and white cat in some of the pics disappeared, and Klardae died of an abscess.

Sparrow was too fearful of humans [nobody knows why!] to make a suitable pet so she was PTS
Was she fear aggressive or just shy? I think that's absolutely horrible. My dachshund Bob is very timid and shy and I would never put him to sleep for that reason. Thats not a reason to have a dog euthanized. Don't know if anyone else here will comment about dogs on chains, but I personally am completely against a dog living its life on a chain.

And a cat dying of an abscess? Those are easily treated with antibiotics.

Sorry if I sound harsh, just speaking my mind.

Kayota

I know Sparrow shouldn't have been PTS and disagree with my dogs being on chains, but guess what? I am FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. I CANNOT do anything about the way my pets are treated.

My pet RAT was very sick when she died because she was recovering from a surgery when she got the abscess. She went to the vet at least 3 times after the surgery but facial abscesses in rats are VERY difficult to treat. The abscess made a hole in her chin that food and water leaked through, and my vet and I did our VERY BEST to treat her. MY vet was SURPRISED when he heard that my rat had died, and I didn't see it coming, either. We aren't 100% sure that the abscess was the sole cause of death but I know that she couldn't intake medications because of it.

You think I agree with the way my mom's pets are treated? I don't. I think my mom is ****ing nuts. And my rats get top notch care, I freak out at the first sign of a sneeze and my dad takes them to the vet when I say they need it. My parents are divorced. The animals at my dad's [3 rats, 2 cats and a dog] are cared for well. The ones at my mom's [3 dogs, 5 cats] are not. I think my mom needs to start taking her animals to the vet or rehome them, but guess what? I can't force her to. I have absolutely no influence over the way her animals are cared for. She WILL NOT listen to me.

Do you understand this, or am I at risk of being attacked every time I post simply because I'm underage and can't control the way my animals are treated? I have told my mom - "I wish the dogs could come inside." "I wish the cat were spayed." "I wish you would take my pets to the vet." Do you think she listens to me? If you do, you are very, very mistaken. But just because my mom thinks the way she keeps her animals is ethical doesn't mean I do, understand?

Was she fear aggressive or just shy? I think that's absolutely horrible. My dachshund Bob is very timid and shy and I would never put him to sleep for that reason. Thats not a reason to have a dog euthanized. Don't know if anyone else here will comment about dogs on chains, but I personally am completely against a dog living its life on a chain.

And a cat dying of an abscess? Those are easily treated with antibiotics.

Sorry if I sound harsh, just speaking my mind.
Wow judgmental and narrow-minded much??

From the pictures posted how do you know that the dog LIVES on the chain? Personally Teeny is tied when she is out in the yard because I have no fence. I also have friends and clients who DO have fences who have to tie their dogs within the fence because they can easily hop the fence. And even if the dogs do live on chains, the OP had stated multiple times that she is underage and these are her mother's dogs and she has expressed her distaste to her mother.

Also abscesses in RATS usually mean that there is some underlying tumor, and as any good rat owner knows, tumors and abscesses tend to mean the end of rats, no matter how hard you fight.

And NO ONE except for the owner of the puppy knows for sure exactly the fear issues going on, so don't go judging so harshly. I had to make the call on an old foster puppy for aggression issues. Unless you have been in the position where you had to put down a puppy then don't go running your mouth. It was by far the most DIFFICULT decision I had to make, but I did recommend euthanasia because I didn't want that dog to end up the next pit bull mauling on the news. I was second and third guess by the rescue, but once they witnessed the behavior for themselves they fulling supported my recommendation.

Kayota

For the record, my dogs DON'T live on chains any longer because I managed to convince my mom [can't believe I got THIS far] that they won't dig under the fence. That was Raven's doing, heh. But she's not around any more so of course we don't have to worry about that. They do still live outside but they're better off than most outside dogs.

Also, with Klar, the fact that she was recovering from having her lower inscisors pulled, which is a MAJOR SURGERY for rats, didn't help at all. Every day that I think about her I wonder if I did the right thing, having the surgery done.

Thanks for the compliments <33 I agree. :D

Members online

No members online now.