I am so repulsed.....

nedim

I have a big problem. Peanut is starting to poop in the house. A few days ago, she scattered it all over the kitchen. This morning, she pooped like a nasty liquid all over the floor. I want to throw up so bad. There was a big puddle by the stove and there were smudges over the floor. I just got back from cleaning it and I bleached the floor and put Peanut in a seperate room. She is no longer allowed in my room. The worst part is, my dad is having second thoughts about Peanut. and my mom says I'm abusing her(don't know how). She made the first mess while I was in school yesterday and what was I to do? :confused: I had a stressful day and I think I might have high blood pressure, so this just "made my day". Now, my dad is trying to tell me that Peanut doesnt belong in a "house like this" and that we dont need a dog. I had to fight back tears when he said that today. They just dont like her because of the fact that she sheds, and this has given them a reason to take her away from me. I need some advice how I can correct this problem so that I have a chance of keeping Peanut. There is no way I'm letting her get sent back to the shelter.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Dude, that sucks really badly.

I was having a problem like this but then I had a real LONG talk with my dad.

I have a shit load of responsibilities and I began slacking.

If it's liquidy like that, something may be wrong. Like to where she doesn't know it's coming or something. It should be pretty like normal not liquidy.

Do you think you could havehim get checked up? Or perhaps talk to your parents about this and how much he means to you... what you're willing to do, etc.

Good luck man.

nedim

Thanks.If it was up to me, she would ge see a vet. But you know as well as I do how that will turn out. Like for instance, I got in trouble for cleaning up the mess, cause I woke my mom up. But I would have got in trouble if I let the mess just sit there. And there is no talking to them. I will have to find anoher way to solve this. I mean, we only had her for like 2 weeks, they need to give it some time.

I would feed your dog a few bones, that should sort out the "liquid" problems. You must be very thorough with the cleaning, certain smells trigger the urge to crap, and be sure to walk your dog a few hours after it eats, in the mornings before you go to school, perhaps in your lunch break, and after school. Your dog should have plenty of oportunities. Maby you do this allready, but maby the more responsibility you take for your dog, the more willing your parents will be to let you keep it.

When a dog eats bones, the digestion process uses and burns excess water contained in it´s normal food. You should feed your dog raw bones, ox tail for example. Cooked bones can splinter and damage it´s stomache/intestines. She should always have plenty of water nearby.

Your problem may also lay on what you feed her, I don´t know what you feed her so I can´t help you there and be carefull, it will annoy your parents when they wake up at 3am, go to the fridge for a glass of water and stand on a sharp bone.

Fran27

I would be very careful about the bone too...

The problem I see is that it might be a problem for her to hold while you are at school, and if she has diarrhea, she just won't be able to (have you tried? :p).

The best way of dealing with it is to not feed her for 24 hours to help her upset stomach, then give her some boiled rice and chicken for a couple days... Usually that's enough to fix it. It happened to my dog and just the boiled rice and chicken for 3 days fixed it (and god he loved it too).

For the shedding, the only thing you can really do is get a good brush and brush her energetically outside at least once a day so at least most of the hair goes there.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Nedim:
Sounds like she has a stomach virus or she's stressed. It sounds so stressful at your house, the poor thing probably is just upset. When my dogs are stressed they get diahrea (so)... thank goodness it hardly every happens! Your household really needs to chill...

Nedim, Mordy reminded me on another thread that giving your dog a spoonful of canned pumpkin - just pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling - will firm up those stools.

Sudden diarrhea like that can just be stress, or it can be worms, an intestinal 'bug' like we get . . . all sorts of things. I understand your predicament about getting her to the vet. Give her the pumpkin a couple of times a day, feed her some white meat chicken and rice for a day or two and see if she doesn't get better.

If it doesn't clear up quickly you may have to consider trying an over the counter wormer from the pet supply store if your parents won't let you take her to the vet.

And try leaving her some newspapers in a corner while you're gone. She's smart and I'll bet she'll get the idea pretty quickly.

Excess shedding can be stress, worms, a gut-bug, etc. Just keep brushing her a couple of times a day to keep it to a minimum.

nedim

EliNHunter said:
Nedim:
Why won't your parents let you take her to a vet if she's sick?

Its not that they dont want to. I think they dont wanna believe shes sick.

As far as updates go, I stayed home today, I was sick. My mom woke me up. Peanut had made an ENORMOUS mess in the room next to the kitchen. There was poop everywhere. And it was all liquid. It was a little firmer than yesterday, but it was still too much of a liquid. She also went downstairs and pooped in the hallway. The downstairs door was closed and I think she wanted to open it to get outside. I am considering getting a doggy door for her when I am at school. I will try the chicken and rice.

Amstaffer

My vet tells me to give Imodium to my dogs for the poops....but Corgis are small so maybe half a tab or childrens dose if you find it. Keeping your dog from the anger and stress would help if possible. My wife really freaked the first couple of times my dog Sal got the poops in the house. Our first dog together...Athena, never has messed in the house (Never!) so she was spoiled. When they get the poops there isn't much that can do about it. Like someone said...8hrs locked in a room without a toilet and having the poops is big trouble for anyone.

Try crate training her. It won't stop diarrhea accidents but it will contain it, Just make sure to clean her up real good when you get home. Also get a Great Dane crate so she has room to get out of it.

Amstaffer

It is a Human over the counter drug for diarrhea. It sounds like she has real problems...I hope its not Parvo.

Get her to the vet soon!!

Amstaffer

nedim said:
Whats Parvo? I know I sound like such a newbie.
It is a Deadly disease in dogs (Parvo Virus) and one sign is constant diarrhea. I would work DOUBLE hard to convince more to let you take the dog to a vet or try taking her to an understanding vet that will allow you a payment plan. This is your best friend's life!

Members online