I'm thinking about getting Hershey a new collar.. tips? on the brand..

Well, I haven't gotten this guy a new collar in a while. lol, but I think he deserves a comfortable collar. The one he has on now is dirty, with dirt, and it can't be comfy! Poor boy. Any suggestions on a good collar that doesn't get dirt on it as easy? This guy looks great in green! :) But, I don't know what color I am getting yet, depends on what kind of collar. But, no buckles, (tried it, he tore it up!) Unless I got one of those metal ones. That I hope he can't tear up! lol, any suggestions? links? Thank you for reading!

oriondw

user not active

Great stuff. Guranteed for life :) Very soft leather.

www.rayallen.com

No i dont work for them, but their equipment so far has been 100% solid with my little monster. :D

wow, love it already, except the price, especially since I don't know his neck measurements. (I can barely, get a collar on the big guy.) He is like a puppy. But that would definately work! :D

Julie

I am back again.
I reccomend a waterproof collar. They are Very tuff don't hold odors and dirt. The dirt can literally be washed off. They don't collect moisture either.
This is the type my labs wear.

You can buy them in stores too. They are actually a nylon collar with a coating of plastic/rubber....called biothane.
Get one with the Oring in the middle and a metal buckle.
These collars hold up great and last for ages with alot of abuse!
You can see them on my labs in my signature...except mine are orange.

Personally I think leather collars start stinking after awhile....And can also tinge the hair on your dogs neck. Very strong and durable though.

Edit: Here is where I found that picture.....
but you really can get them anywhere....just get one with the ORing in the middle and a metal buckle.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=23295&productId=167030&afsrc=1&qs=5090278-PrfmcsNexTag_63963817

Last edited:

makka619

^^What is the o ring in the middle for?

Whenever I take the dogs for a walk, the D ring (designed to sit at the front of the neck) that I clip the leash to always slips to the front of the neck if I try to put it behind. I am constantly untangling the leash from around their legs. It would be so much easier if the ring stayed at the back of the neck.
Does the o ring on this one help with that?

darkchild16

We are Home.
id say the one Julie posted those are great!!! Makka i never had an issue with the D ring but i havent used a leash with teh o ring so i dont know. I know it doesnt jingle all teh time adn it so great when your hunting no broken and dirty collars YAY.

Julie

I am back again.
^^What is the o ring in the middle for?

Whenever I take the dogs for a walk, the D ring (designed to sit at the front of the neck) that I clip the leash to always slips to the front of the neck if I try to put it behind. I am constantly untangling the leash from around their legs. It would be so much easier if the ring stayed at the back of the neck.
Does the o ring on this one help with that?
Yes, the ORing normally stays on the back of the neck because the buckle is heavier and slides to the front of the neck.
The reason I like the ORing is because I have had this type of collar with one and without....and my dogs slipped their collars when I used the one without the ORing. They never slip these. I don't know why.
And the ones with the ORing seem more heavy duty than without.

I guess if the snap on your leash was heavy the collar would still spin to the side a little...but I never have a problem with that either. :)
And if you would hook any tags on the buckle that would help hold it under the neck...and the ORing would stay in the back better.
I have hooked tags on either place though.

Spirit, Charlie weighs about 94 lbs and I think his collar is 26 inch, if I remember correctly. Lol

makka619

Awesome, thanks. The leash snap is pretty heavy now that I think about it, but it could be normal, will have to keep an eye out for lighter ones. I am going to invest in one of these o-ring collars, they sound good.

bubbatd

Having used a rolled bridle leather collar for almost 60 years , to me that's it . Last forever, don't wear the hair and easy to clean with Murphy's Oil Soap . I've got 5 here in all sizes ..... only have thrown one out and that was my fault because I didn't keep it oiled . I know today's style is color ... they don't last .

makka619

Yes, the ORing normally stays on the back of the neck because the buckle is heavier and slides to the front of the neck.
The reason I like the ORing is because I have had this type of collar with one and without....and my dogs slipped their collars when I used the one without the ORing. They never slip these. I don't know why.
And the ones with the ORing seem more heavy duty than without.

I guess if the snap on your leash was heavy the collar would still spin to the side a little...but I never have a problem with that either. :)
And if you would hook any tags on the buckle that would help hold it under the neck...and the ORing would stay in the back better.
I have hooked tags on either place though.

Spirit, Charlie weighs about 94 lbs and I think his collar is 26 inch, if I remember correctly. Lol
What would you suggest I search for to find the o ring collars? I did a search (Australia) for "dog o ring collars". I can't find any similar to this one. :/

Has anyone seen these before; are they any good?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...tem&refwidgettype=osi_widget#ebayphotohosting
Or would a harness be better?

makka619

It's okay, I am in Australia, so I was trying to find one here. I am sure there is something like it somewhere; I haven't had a chance to search yet. But thanks!

Members online

No members online now.