Agility training

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
This week was pretty boring. Working on some foundation work for 'turn away' and then distance. Also really heavy teeter work.

Mia is refusing tunnels suddenly. I think it is because it's getting dark earlier and so she just wasn't sure about it. Idk, I'm mildly worried about that, she really really does not like tunnels. Other than that, she was great! One MAJOR improvement with Mia is that she is now quiet while I work Summer. Wish I could say Summer was quiet while I worked Mia. But I am seeing progress with both.

Summer was hyper as usual. She also started doing her 'shame on me' when I would put her in a stay, which had people cracking up. But I got some advice about having such a spaz dog and trying to keep her attention. As the trainer and I were talking, Summer was doing laps around the two of us and taking the jump behind us every single time. Summer also decided to walk on top of the tunnel today instead of go through it. She gets creativity points for sure. I wonder what I was thinking when I thought Summer would be too old and slow for agility...

I'm spectating a fun trial this weekend and bringing the girls to train at the grounds around the distractions. Not running since only the advanced students are but it should be fun.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy

Sloan Von Krigbaum CD BH NA *NJ* CGC

She gained a second Q with a second place in NF and third Q with a first place in NJ.

Our little super star. :D

Now, to find some reliable weave entrances so we can actually Q in open... lol

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Congrats! I love how proud she looks of herself. And you know we want video. :)
I'm superstitious about videos but my friend took one without my knowing so I can ask for it. It wasn't pretty but it's a Q. lol

I'm still struggling with taking off the edge but not exhausting her by letting her watch and scream/shake/kill her toy and this time I took her out too early so she was a bit flat but I'll take it.

I love this dog so much, she just loves to work.

Thanks all!

SaraB

Go Sloan!!

We had semi-success today at our first USDAA Team Tournament. Our team didn't do so hot since we have two crazy baby dogs that loose their minds, but I was super happy with how Zuma ran. She nailed 4/4 weaves which is awesome since we have been struggling with entrances in a trial setting, she hit all of her contacts, held all of her start lines and stayed for the most part, connected with me for most of the runs. Hopefully this transfers over to the rest of the weekend!

SaraB

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Managed to get a couple runs video'd. Here's the last half of our standard run from today, someone grabbed my camera at the last second.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfRh6Voj-mI&feature=youtu.be

And our jumpers run from today, dropped a bar which is weird for her and I was late with my rear cross at the end. But happy otherwise!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvkLWgqAlfM&feature=youtu.be
Yay Team Zuma!!! She is a little speedster :)

And FWIW I don't think you were late with your RX in the second vid -- your line of motion just didn't let her know what jump you wanted her to take. If anything your RX was a little early since she didn't see/commit to the obstacle you wanted before you converged on her path, if that makes sense?

The bar into the tunnel thing tends to happen when dogs try to go into the tunnel before they clear the bar :D though I couldn't tell in the vid if something else came to play.

You guys really look so good together!!!

SaraB

Yay Team Zuma!!! She is a little speedster :)

And FWIW I don't think you were late with your RX in the second vid -- your line of motion just didn't let her know what jump you wanted her to take. If anything your RX was a little early since she didn't see/commit to the obstacle you wanted before you converged on her path, if that makes sense?

The bar into the tunnel thing tends to happen when dogs try to go into the tunnel before they clear the bar :D though I couldn't tell in the vid if something else came to play.

You guys really look so good together!!!
True. I didn't watch it too closely, but I see what you are saying.

She was jumping a bit funny, so I'm not sure if she was in fact rushing the bar or what.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
OMG Zuma is awesome!!! WTG!!!

Here's some video of Kimma at class. I'm bummed our trial was canceled last weekend due to Sandy (but I totally understand why and hope that area is recovering :( ), so that's it for us for the year. Hoping to refine our skills and be able to finish up Novice and get right in to Open ASAP. I had to prop my camera up on a chair so you can't see everything as well as I would have liked...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAyvL0AHSL8

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Last week was uneventful. Summer is freaking awesome and Mia is doing well too but being a little bit distracto-dog lately. My trainer is out at a SG workshop this week/end so no class this week. Kind of bummed, agility is the best part of the week.

SaraB

Looks great! How old is she now? 7ish months?

Now the question on everyone's mind (well actually probably just mine LOL)...what are your contact plans?
Yup, 7.5 months.

We are doing 2o2o. :) I'm very happy running Zuma with her stopped contacts, I rely on them with her being a fast dog and I utilize the quick releases when I need them. After having watched a lot of handlers with RC and a lot with 2o2o, as pretty as RC are, I just feel like there are a lot more benefits to stopped.

Aleron

Yup, 7.5 months.
LOL I was envious at how light she is while your whipping her around with her tug. Roust is 7 months and I can't really lift him by the tug any more LOL

We are doing 2o2o. :) I'm very happy running Zuma with her stopped contacts, I rely on them with her being a fast dog and I utilize the quick releases when I need them. After having watched a lot of handlers with RC and a lot with 2o2o, as pretty as RC are, I just feel like there are a lot more benefits to stopped.
Awwww come on! ;)

Members online