Unchain Dogs

http://www.helpinganimals.com/ga_chained.asp

The Cruel, Dangerous Practice of Chaining Dogs

It shouldn’t happen to “man’s best friend,” but it does. Take a drive down many country roads and city streets, and you’ll see them—dogs left to spend their entire lives in “solitary confinement,” trapped at the end of a chain or in a small pen.

We can’t think of a crueler punishment for these social pack animals who want—and deserve—companionship, scratches behind the ears, walks around the block, and the opportunity to curl up at your feet at night.

http://www.helpinganimals.com/

bogolove

I agree. Nothing makes me more mad and sad than seeing a poor dog alone, all the time, on the end of a chain or in a small fenced in area. Why does a person get a dog to do only that with him/her?

Why does a person get a dog to do only that with him/her?
OH GOD thank you like theses people were i live they leave them alone all day. If they knew i go in there back yard to play with there dogs. And when i was walking home from school i saw this mini Pin chained up to a fence leash as long as my arm on a high fence. And it was below 30degrees.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i just saw/petted a chained dog rescue today! Was wonderful! Good site.

I agree that its very easy to neglect a dog that is chained outside. I don't agree with anti-tethering laws. Sometimes you have to use such means to keep your dog responsibly confined. Just make sure you take the steps to make it as comfortable as possible for the dog.

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
I agree that its very easy to neglect a dog that is chained outside. I don't agree with anti-tethering laws. Sometimes you have to use such means to keep your dog responsibly confined. Just make sure you take the steps to make it as comfortable as possible for the dog.
Great posting!

There are right and wrong ways to use tie-outs. :)

Well, we had Hershey chained, unfortanately, he is now in the house! Thank you cold weather! :D (we bring him in when it gets really cold out.) But he is now not chained, and is in the warm, cozy house, and I am working with him. Even when he was on the chain, I spent an 1 hour plus with him, off of the horrible thing. And again, I am only a minor. But, I do hate chains. Poor dogs! The only reason I would want to use Hershey's old chain now, is to put him outside, to do his buisness, when I don't feel like just letting him out. Or when we are gone, for 3-6 hours. (just in case he needs to go) And if nobody can come down, to let him out. Thats the only reason. But, I don't want to use it anymore. No more chains for me or Hershey, poor Hershey was miserable! But, I know it would be cruel to leave him out on a chain for 3-6 hours, Or if his kennel gets fixed, put him in there, if we are gone for hours at a time, and it is sunny out. I don't want him to go to the bathroom on the floor! Although he does hold it for hours at a time. :confused: Oh well, thats a good thing. But, don't take this wrong, I am just posting what we did do, and how we changed it. He is now a house dog! ug, and I am tired. I am a good example of one of those people, :( Oh well, that was then, now, Hershey is inside. :)

Members online

No members online now.