dogparkday

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That seagull was right above the water when Vic arrived on the scene..39 degrees or not he hit that water like a tiger on the strike and swam out until he was a dot. He was trying to jump up as well as swim...he is a water dogmachine! He can go farther then the best labs and goldens out there ...he swims faster too! GO VICTOR!
He still came out and ran hard for and hour and a half..He was so happy!
here is Shaffer in profile..he is thin..i've seen thinner, but still way too thin.

Attachments

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
what Vic's breed looks like

What he will look like when he is all grown up and this is also one of my all time favorite paintings from Pointer magazine.

Attachments

Barb04

Super Moderator
Glad they both had a good time. Victor looks like he's a great swimmer.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i figgered it out..Victor runs on land..victor runs in water..he never even stopped to learn to swim he just kept going..he can go across that lake until you think surely he will turn around soon..he chase a bunch of geese at our local park right over a fisherman (our leash broke) and i thought the man was going to wring my neck..he was punching numbers into his cell phone with a lot of anger and i was praying Vic would give up trying to catch a goose before my goose was cooked!
more dog park pics
all having fun in the water..talking about stating the obvious..but the other one was very small and i had to blow it up to see for sure..Mary is about to bite Victor's tail..i have one where Shaffer is doing the same thing. mary's favorite game has always been bite your tail..all my dogs played it when she was growing up..like tag your it. Bin dog always thought he was hot stuff because he had that little nub and no one could catch him, but he could get everybody else.

Attachments

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
last two..Shaff is on a lower bank beside Victor so it looks like they are the same height..but Shaffer is way taller....they played together the whole time we were ther..
second pic..Victor gets "tagged" by Shaffer..game must be universal.
renee..that is a coon hound of Kelly's in the corner.

Attachments

gapeach

Big Mutts
Beautiful pics, what a fun day! Carey would have such a blast there. But she is too bossy to play with anyone (very dominant) I loved them, I guess Shaffer is one of the family now?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He is spending the night with my Mom..I took him over this afternoon and brought my grandaughter home with me so Shaff and mom could see if they like each other..oh how he just gazed at her face, but was nervous when i left the room..he doesn't like for me to be out of his sight which is why i think it really important he not spend too much more time with me as well..so then i took Hyia rollerskating and vic and Mary went to Grandma's as well and they all got to be together again. Finally i took Hyia home at 9 and told mom that i would take him home and bring him back in the morning if she wished..but she said might as well leave him...if he keeps me awake i will call. so that is a good sign. I still hope that someone out there would adopt both together, but if not SHaffer would be another member of this family that lives in two houses..i just go back and forth..he would see his friends every day, i would see him too..he would have a little girl all his own and a good woman too. I told mom that we were concerned about her age and taking on at dog for that reason..but also it might be her last chance to have a really good dog. He doen'st paw at her or sling himself in her lap like another little boy (victor) does..Shaffer acts so very grown up and careful around her and that is his saving grace in this situation. Mom could never handle a Victor.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Victor sounds like Carey, she thinks she is a lap dog. Anyone who sits on the floor is fair game. Sounds like Shaffer would be good with your mom. My Grandma will be 90 in November, my cousins gave her and my Grandpa (he's gone now) a collie pup. We all thought it was a horrible idea, but he helps her get out of bed and will let her lean on him to steady herself. He just adapted as a pup to being less puppy and now is pretty helpful.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Great pics!!! Looked like alot of fun!!! Gus likes to have a swim too, but only when it's warm! He's not a hardcore swimmer like Victor!!

Members online

No members online now.