New Personal Best for Ricky!

DJEtzel

Wanted to share pictures from our Dock Diving event this weekend. Just two splashes on Saturday, but Recon rocked them, despite the chilly/nasty weather in the morning.

A few friends were there as well, all with dogs that jump around the same as Recon - In the same diving division, so it was nice having some friendly, CLOSE competition! Recon beat super Dutchie Moon, owned by a friend, in the finals and came in second to Labrador Twist, owned by a friend as well!

The best part was that we were the last to qualify for finals in our division and since we were more than half a foot behind Twist and Moon, I thought for sure we would not place - Recon's first jump in the finals he beat his personal best of (then) 19' 8" with a NEW PERSONAL BEST of 19' 11"! I couldn't believe it, announcer Brian told me since we beat it in finals that I had to jump in the pool with him. :rofl1:

Anyway, it was a ton of fun and lots of friendly competition, and we got a second place ribbon out of it! I think we may have finally earned a title as well, but I need to check online records. XD PICTURES!

reconair by DJetzel, on Flickr

rickyeye by DJetzel, on Flickr

rickyjump by DJetzel, on Flickr

rickyjump2 by DJetzel, on Flickr

rickyjump3 by DJetzel, on Flickr

Please excuse my faces. The sun was in my eyes and my mouth is open because I was exhausted from tugging with Recon before jumping to keep him grounded and quiet(ish). All photos copyright Robert Pearson Photography.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
That is awesome! Congrats! I so wish I had a place to practice dock jumping with Abrams. Poor guy really even hasn't had a chance to swim most of the water around here is so shallow. He did try to jump off a bridge into a creek when we went hiking the other day, so there is that. LOL

DJEtzel

Thanks guys!

I'm so happy to have such access to dock diving practice docks and events in the area. Been looking at a move to Indianapolis and there is no UAD there - that is NO fun! So, you should all move to where there is dock diving and (blackrose) get Abrams jumping!

This one is my fav! XD
Haha, as soon as the pictures were released, I had two friend share it on my timeline on facebook - it was a favorite, would have been AWESOME if it were in focus! Still funny. I love the "Oh sh!t" faces on dogs Robert catches in photos!

Members online

No members online now.