elegy

overdogged
Bean

Bean's mother.

Steve:

Steve's mother:

Bonus Steve's mother because hilarious:

Steve and his Uncle:

Does anybody else get to see their dogs' relatives on a regular basis? I love it. I just get such a kick out of it. I look at Steve's mom and I so see my dog in her face, in her expressions. Bean has his mother's head as well. And her big mouth.

SpringerLover

Those are some cool comparison shots! Bean and his momma sure do look alike!

I've never met a single one of Buzz's relatives.
I know/knew two of Bailey's half sisters. One is now deceased and we used to track with the other, but not anymore.
I haven't the faintest idea where Gabby's family is.

Romy

Taxiderpy
I love Steve and his mom! Those are great shots. :D

When Kaia's breeder first met me and Strider about 30 seconds after seeing him she asked if he was out of Leicro. I was like, how on earth could you tell so fast?!? She just told me to go look at their website.

Strider.

His great great grandpa. That sadface is genetic. lol

Kaia looks identical to her mom. They just flat out look like the same dog.

Great pictures! And Steve looks so much like his mom, I love it!

I get to see my dogs' family members pretty frequently, especially their siblings - it's fun to see the similarities between them.

And Newton is pretty much the male version of his mother:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Merlin is his mother in male form lol I got to spend the weekend with his mom and it's ABSURD how alike they are. The wiggle dance, the happy disposition, food obsession, begging face, cuddle face just gah

His breeder sent me this lol

Sekah

The Monster.
I love those comparison shots elegy. I can definitely see the family resemblance.

I don't get to see close relatives often, but I do get to see Cohen's nephew every once in a while.

They're pretty different when it comes to their personalities, but both are still distinctly Aussie.

Elrohwen

I see Watson's mom at shows on a fairly regular basis, along with plenty of other relatives. He doesn't look or act much like his mom and I think he takes after his dad's side. I've never met his dad but I see his uncle (dad's littermate) and cousin regularly and they are so so much like him. His cousin Max has the same crazy confident "look at me!" personality. And like Watson, he has to be walked around the show for at least an hour so he can keep it together in the ring. Haha

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Jari and Pen are definitely related:

And obviously Jari and Bubby act A LOT alike:

Kimma is kind of on her own LOL. She is a relative, but not a very close one.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I've met Cobain's half brother. Looked nothing like him, and acted like those neurotic Border Collies that don't get nearly enough work (and he didn't...at all).

This is their sire:

He doesn't look a heck of a lot like Cobain.

But his grandfather...That is where the family resemblance comes in. It's unfortunate that I didn't save the picture I saw of him about a year ago. The old guy is coming up 14 (I think) but the photo could have easily been of Cobain. I cannot get access to it anymore though which sucks.
I was able to find this though:

It's not just the colouring with them. That pose specifically, Cobain sitting in the background with another dog (usually Rigby) lying in front of him, happens all the time.

Last edited:

DJEtzel

Aside from the Teepee ears, Nikon and Patton are pretty similar at this age! I can't wait to see how they compare as Patton grows... We train with Nikon in agility, compete with him in dock diving/lure coursing and have trained with him in flyball as well, which we're hoping to get back into... From everything Nikon's owner has told me about him and what I've seen, they are VERY similar dogs so far.

Hiiiiiiiiii by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_0634 by DJetzel, on Flickr

Nikon, Patton, Nikon, Patton, for reference. ;)

ThoseWordsAtBests's Shambles and Squash are littermates, so I get to see pictures and stories on FB and message boards quite a bit. They are... definitely related.

I hear/see things about his other littermates and his mother from time to time, too. He definitely has some personality from his mother.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
This one is bad though.... I have gone through so many pictures and can't always tell Gigi (Nard's mom) and Summer apart.

Like here:

The dog on TOP of Josie is Summer. The one licking her face is Gigi.

Left front: Summer, Right front: Gigi

Gigi kissing dog faces, JUST LIKE SUMMER.

Gigi by herself:

When they are all together, things get difficult. Beau, Summer, and Rose are all in here.

For the longest time I thought Summer was in this photo but now realize, it's Gigi.

Equinox

This is random and I'm not trying to be creepy, but wow, I didn't recognize your sister in these pictures, and I've seen pictures of her with the Papillons a few times. She's grown up completely! I only remember because she's so pretty that I'm just mad jealous :eek:

But anyway, WOAH does Gigi and Summer look alike!! Right down to their face/expression. And I never realized/remembered that Summer and Rose were sisters. Full sisters?? LOL I never would have guessed. I did know that some (if not most) of your crew were all related somehow, but must have forgotten that Rose and Summer were related so closely.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I always liked this one. 3 generations.

Beau, grandma Denise, Mom Piggy (yes she got fat), and sister Sable.

Sadly nowadays Beau and Sable are seniors and the other two have passed. :(

I was looking for a picture of Rose and Summer's mother, Wendy, but can't find it. She looked like Rose but was light in color like Summer.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
This is random and I'm not trying to be creepy, but wow, I didn't recognize your sister in these pictures, and I've seen pictures of her with the Papillons a few times. She's grown up completely! I only remember because she's so pretty that I'm just mad jealous :eek:

But anyway, WOAH does Gigi and Summer look alike!! Right down to their face/expression. And I never realized/remembered that Summer and Rose were sisters. Full sisters?? LOL I never would have guessed. I did know that some (if not most) of your crew were all related somehow, but must have forgotten that Rose and Summer were related so closely.
I am totally jealous of josie too, haha. She definitely got the looks in the family. Yeah she's grown up a lot. I've had to start keeping my eye on her with boys lately. She's almost 16 now.

Summer and Rose are half sisters. Beau and Rose are half siblings too. It's confusing. Summer and Rose have the same dam and Beau and Rose have the same sire. Gigi and Summer are cousins and both look just like their grandma Kissy. Nard is Gigi's pup and some sort of cousin to the other three.

Mia is an alien. :p

Members online

No members online now.