Diana's story

kirby

the first great dane we got, we got from a shelter in 1994, she was solid black with white markings on her chest and toes, she came home on my moms Birthday, and she was the cutest thing, little did we know that this cute little black ball would turn out to be the antichrist, and the ruin of our home :mad: it started out OK, you know the normal problems with house training, we'd take her out, and she would just sit there, the moment we came in, she would pee :mad: GRRRRRRRR Obediance training was entirely impossible! :mad: so we waited 2 years, she had gotten to the point where she could unlock the slider, and open it, she would remember where we put the food she liked after we grocery shopped (she once ate a 1/2 pound thing of chocolate all by herself) she would distract the other dogs and then grab things off the counter so we couldnt hear her over the other dogs barking, so we decided to give her away FOR FREE!!! we got so many calls, so we found the right home, and warned them about her satanic ways (they were remodling their home at the time) so 3 days go by, and we get a call saying we need to take the antichrist back (who we referred to as Dummy quite inacurately) she had completley destroyed their beautiful house during the 2nd night, ripped screeens off, and chewed holes in their new doors. so we took her back, and through the years she began escaping the fence, licking bisquick into the carpet, punching 3 holes in the walls with her butt, breaking the slider(by running into it) and getting sprayed by a skunk and smearing the smell into the carpet (it stunk for months!) but we loved her, so she stayed, and she lived to be 11 when we had to put her down because she couldn't control her bodily functions anymore, and even though we hated her, we loved her, and we miss her greatly, although in this house she will always be known as the devil dog! :D ha ha ha

poeluvr

i love great danes. i dont get something, u loved her, but gave her away? i thought u didnt like her. it is very hard to tell your feelings on this one...lol

kirby

LEA said:
i love great danes. i dont get something, u loved her, but gave her away? i thought u didnt like her. it is very hard to tell your feelings on this one...lol
no, we gave her away because she had destroyed our house, and was becoming a huge handful, we all cried when we gave her up, we did love her, but we really didn't like what she did to us and our house.

Doberluv

Well, I see you blame the dog. Dogs are hardly ever the ones to blame for their dog ways. They're dogs. It's all up to their people how they turn out in the vast majority of cases. And yes, some dogs are more of a handful than others. If someone doesn't know how to handle a dog, it's best to find out ahead of time so to avoid that chaos. I'm sorry that happened. No offense intended, or anything personal. It's just the facts of life.

kirby

Doberluv said:
Well, I see you blame the dog. Dogs are hardly ever the ones to blame for their dog ways. They're dogs. It's all up to their people how they turn out in the vast majority of cases. And yes, some dogs are more of a handful than others. If someone doesn't know how to handle a dog, it's best to find out ahead of time so to avoid that chaos. I'm sorry that happened. No offense intended, or anything personal. It's just the facts of life.
I know that, and the story really wasn't meant as an "oh poor me, this Dog sux Story" it was more just look what a Dog can do when you don't realize what yur dealing with, she was our learning dog, and all dogs since hav been angels because of the lessons we learned from her, so it worked out, and she was a good dog after about age 7, it just took us longer with her, because it was our first experience with a puppy

Members online