The Venting Thread

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Was super happy with my summer schedule (wasn't originally, but it worked out) and just now got a text that it's going to have to be changed. Really upset. I had worked my voice and piano lessons around it and my sisters work schedule. Now it's all ruined. I feel like crying.

Eta: scratch that, I am crying. This sucks.

Last edited:

Saeleofu

Logan has decided he doesn't like his kibble anymore. He'll eat other kibbles, just not THIS one (which he was doing so well on!) If I put stuff on his food, he licks t off and spits out all the kibble. I know he's hungry because he scarfs down treats like there's no tomorrow and scrounges for crumbs, but he DOES NOT WANT this kibble. I think it's because he's getting an antibiotic right now (for an infected nipple), and that means I'm trying to poinson him. He won't touch pill pockets, either, so I have to stuff it down his throat, but I think he associates the aftertaste with the kibble.

I'm considering switching him to Honest Kitchen Preference if he'll eat it (they're sending me samples and a t-shirt!). It's reasonably priced with the 20% SD discount. But I asked on their Facebook if eggs can be used as the protein source and have yet to get an answer from the company. If I can use primarily eggs, I can probably switch both dogs. If I have to use meat, I can only switch Logan (because we have TONS and TONS of eggs, more than any of us can eat or give away, so they're free for the dogs).

I'm going to TSC tomorrow and buying several differ 5lb bags of 4Health to see what Logan will eat (also, right now the small bags are on sale and are cheaper per pound than a big bag!). I had him up to 76 pounds, which is close to his ideal weight, and he's already dropped 2 pounds :(

Grab

This puppy does not stop moving. If I hadn't seen him sleep in his crate each night, I'd say he never sleeps ever. He's never just randomly fallen asleep on the floor. I have been way too spoiled by Chows

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
My sleep schedule is all sorts of screwed up. Accidentally fell asleep after work today... and was out for THREE hours. Now I can't get to sleep and I have to be awake in four hours to get ready for work. At this point, is it even worth going to bed?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Logan has decided he doesn't like his kibble anymore. He'll eat other kibbles, just not THIS one (which he was doing so well on!) If I put stuff on his food, he licks t off and spits out all the kibble. I know he's hungry because he scarfs down treats like there's no tomorrow and scrounges for crumbs, but he DOES NOT WANT this kibble. I think it's because he's getting an antibiotic right now (for an infected nipple), and that means I'm trying to poinson him. He won't touch pill pockets, either, so I have to stuff it down his throat, but I think he associates the aftertaste with the kibble.

I'm considering switching him to Honest Kitchen Preference if he'll eat it (they're sending me samples and a t-shirt!). It's reasonably priced with the 20% SD discount. But I asked on their Facebook if eggs can be used as the protein source and have yet to get an answer from the company. If I can use primarily eggs, I can probably switch both dogs. If I have to use meat, I can only switch Logan (because we have TONS and TONS of eggs, more than any of us can eat or give away, so they're free for the dogs).

I'm going to TSC tomorrow and buying several differ 5lb bags of 4Health to see what Logan will eat (also, right now the small bags are on sale and are cheaper per pound than a big bag!). I had him up to 76 pounds, which is close to his ideal weight, and he's already dropped 2 pounds :(
Ugh bear went thru this when he was getting meds after he was snake bit the last time, I changed kibble (I wasn't happy with the one they were on anyway & was feeding at the time anyway) & he still decided to be a dick about it, so I waited him out, his fasting went on a week before he decided to eat it. But he ate it.

Sometimes josefina will just do this for no reason out of the blue, I wait her out too, I don't have the resources to change foods every time they decide they don't want to eat, so I wait them out & I always win. Since I am offering them food & they are the ones choosing not eating it :p

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I watched a dog get spayed the other day at our spay/neuter clinic.

I'm pretty comfortable I can now spay myself at home. DIE LADY BITS DIE!!!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Spent $500-odd dollars at the service center to get my Impala fixed. They told me they got a code for the body control module, which we suspected, but people have replaced the BCM and it NOT fixed the problem, so I was nervous but hoped since they actually got the code it might really fix the issue.

Car won't start this morning.

I just want to cry. I had it for a DAY. ONE. DAY.

And now all I can think about is how many hundreds - thousands - of dollars am I going to end up spending trying to fix a fourteen year old car...

ETA: and the boss just sent me an e-mail with a list of almost 30 things he wants me to do. and of course everything is a priority.
ready to burst into tears now.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I feel like a heel. My life has been insanity lately. 30+ hours a week at the dayjob, plus many hours a week at the old house cleaning up old roomie messes and trying to get ex to pack all of his things in a timely manner... and trying to get the rest of my stuff settled in to my new place. I'm moving nonstop and when I do stop, I sleep. 40-minute power naps are becoming a Thing.

AlliePets has been neglected. :( I hate myself for it. I have outstanding client work and people waiting on quotes and canvases and... there just aren't enough hours in my day.

The kicker is that my current goal is to focus less on dayjob and more on AlliePets, because dayjob is starting to grate on me.

I need a clone. :(

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I don't wanna work anymore. Boo. I've been super productive today, and I'm just kind of over it. Running on no sleep for... 21 hours now. Blah. I'm ready for bed and snuggles with Rider.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Nacho is not eating. Again. Well, he eats a couple bites every few days... Assumedly to make his stomach stop hurting from starvation.

He's at a horrible weight, to the point that I'm worried somebody is going to call animal control on me for not feeding him.

He has had a full checkup and there was NOTHING found. With one of the best ferret bets in the city, who consulted with the best ferret vet the next day, and he concurred with her findings.

I just... I do not even know what to do. His teeth are fine, so it is not hurting hin to chew. Even if it was... He will not eat anything soft.

I just can not justify spending money on test after test after test when there is nothing showing up on xrays or blood tests to point to something wrong. If the xrays just gave us a clue... But honestly, he is a nearly 6 year old ferret. How much do you put one through, when they are at the ens of their life span anyway?

Ella has an appointment with my vet on Thursday. As much as I hate Prednisolone... i think i may ask her to let me run a round of it with him. Then, if it works, at least that is basically telling me it's cancer, and I have a reason. But at the same time... i don't want to know. This year has already sucked so much. I just don't have it in me for more bad news. *sigh*

I just don't know.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Spent $500-odd dollars at the service center to get my Impala fixed. They told me they got a code for the body control module, which we suspected, but people have replaced the BCM and it NOT fixed the problem, so I was nervous but hoped since they actually got the code it might really fix the issue.

Car won't start this morning.

I just want to cry. I had it for a DAY. ONE. DAY.

And now all I can think about is how many hundreds - thousands - of dollars am I going to end up spending trying to fix a fourteen year old car...

ETA: and the boss just sent me an e-mail with a list of almost 30 things he wants me to do. and of course everything is a priority.
ready to burst into tears now.
FourTEEN??? Wow! At that stage I think I would be cutting my losses with that car ... Unless your keeping it for the collection value.

I'm lucky, OH has a friend who is a jockey but also does mechanic work on the side for a fraction of what a garage cost.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
FourTEEN??? Wow! At that stage I think I would be cutting my losses with that car ... Unless your keeping it for the collection value.
Um.
You realize 14 years old makes it a 2000 right?
And that's really not that old?
What collection value does a 2000 have, exactly?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie

I'm lucky, OH has a friend who is a jockey but also does mechanic work on the side for a fraction of what a garage cost.
Tons of cars far older than Beanie's are still going strong. If you take good care of a car throughout its life and not be in too many collisions, it can last a long long time.

DJEtzel

Um.
You realize 14 years old makes it a 2000 right?
And that's really not that old?
What collection value does a 2000 have, exactly?

Yeah, what!? I drove a 93 until 2012... Almost 20 years old and she was pretty reliable.

My mom stills drives a 98 and it hasn't had any trouble. When you take care of them, they last pretty long.

Members online

No members online now.