Redboned Coonhound?

Rhino

Someone asked me about this the other day, so I thought I'd put some feelers out...

She's trying to find Redboned Coonhound breeders in Canada (Alberta), and hasn't had any luck.

I don't know much about them at all.. would anyone know of a breed registery/club that would have lists of reputable breeders. She mainly wants to talk to a breeder of them and ask some questions to start, and if she still likes the breed she'll go from there.

Any ideas how to get started? They aren't common there at all.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
i'd contact the canadian kennel club and ask for the parent breed club of the breed of choice or a breeder referral.

The only Coon Hound CKC registers are The Black and Tan CoonHound.The RedBone will be difficult to find here.Tell your friend it might just take extra looking.You could always consider a AKC Breeder too.

Beauceron

Maybe it will help your search if you spell the breed name properly, Redbone Coonhound, not reboned :)

They are a UKC breed, currently in AKC miscellanous. I'm not sure about CKC.

Rhino

Beauceron said:
Maybe it will help your search if you spell the breed name properly, Redbone Coonhound, not reboned :)
I told you I didn't know anything about them. LOL :D

Rhino

Than for the help guys. I'm gunna tell her to look into the UKC and maybe she can find a breeder to question through them.

Rhino

Beauceron said:
I didn't mean it rudely, see I added a smile! haha
No worries. I didn't even notice the 'reboned' thing until Saje pointed it out. I got a chuckle out of it. :D

FYI, my friend found a black and tan coonhound breeder that she was able to get a lot of info from. Apparently the two are very similar (?) so she was able to get a foot in the door with him.

Thanx again for all the info guys!

Members online

No members online now.