Painting Helpers

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yesterday was Payton's annual. My new house is halfway to the new vet's office, so Pay came to the new house with us while we painted yesterday. He was a very good boy, but I thought it was immensely unfair that HE got to be the first dog at the new house. So Auggie got to come today. My mom decided to also bring Georgie, and because that wasn't fair to only take two, Pay came along today too.

All three dogs "helped" while I was painting my new master bedroom. Would you care to guess which of the three did NOT come home blue?

Can you tell from this photo??

AUGGIE decided to curl up in the corner of the room right up against two freshly painted walls. AUGGIE!!

You might not be able to see it - I didn't see it until we all packed up to leave and then I went "hey, WAIT A SECOND." It's on her tail and there's a small bit on her side too LOL. I have no idea when this even happened.

So PAYTON was the only dog who didn't get in the paint! And he had TWO opportunities to get all painted, yesterday and today! What a good pupper.

The girlie, just because. Not the girlie I wish I was taking a photo of. I'm very unhappy because this house is taking a lot longer than I expected, and the longer it takes, the longer it takes to bring MY girlie home...

Someday. I hope it's soon. =<

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So jealous of your dogs. Georgie has such a sweet face. Is she from the same breeder as Payton?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
They're all related - Georgie came from Auggie's breeder and is actually out of Auggie's brother and Pepper's sister, who is also Payton's half-sister. Pepper and Payton's mom is owned by a different breeder, but she was also bred by Auggie's breeder. They all have Auggie's granny in common. It's a slightly complicated family tree LOL.

SaraB

Dogs are great helpers!! You wanted dog hair texture on your walls right?? Also, I'm so glad you get to bring Pepper home, I bet you are just counting down the minutes!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I truly, truly want Georgie. Badly. <3 She's so precious!

Gah, all of them are SOO gorgeous! I can't wait for you to finally take Pepper home. :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The walls are old plaster textured walls so at least no real harm was done, LOL. I just found it hysterical that AUGGIE was the very first one to get in the paint. I mean, I really thought the puppies were going to cause trouble... NOPE. AUGGIE.

This morning they were talking on one of the stations about stuff that dogs have eaten and I was sharing my fave story, which is Auggie getting into my artist paints when he was a puppy - and I remembered, it was BLUE paint then! Why is it always blue!? LOL.

I truly, truly want Georgie. Badly. <3 She's so precious!
That's what you THINK LOL. She's a terror, she really is. She is very very lucky she's super cute and I love her. She is hysterical, but talk about a bad little dog. In all honesty she is too much dog for my parents, they both struggle with her, and they let her get away with WAY too much crap which may come back and bite them in the butt one day. I still half suspect that when I move out, I will get an angry phone call one day and a "you need to come get Georgie because we can't stand her anymore." My mom really loves her though and that's what matters, so hopefully I will not end up with a Georgie LOL.

I really am dying to bring Pepper home. It's just been too long. She needs to come home. =<

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
They're all related - Georgie came from Auggie's breeder and is actually out of Auggie's brother and Pepper's sister, who is also Payton's half-sister. Pepper and Payton's mom is owned by a different breeder, but she was also bred by Auggie's breeder. They all have Auggie's granny in common. It's a slightly complicated family tree LOL.
That's like me trying to explain how Beau, Rose, Summer, and Nard are all related. lol

How big is Payton? He looks huge compared to the others but I think Auggie's really little iirc. I think he weighs even less than Trey did.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Pay is 16" solid... he only weighs 17.8 pounds though. The vet was like "OMG, it's been so long since I held a skinny sheltie!" and just kept hugging him hahaha. Apparently almost every single one she sees is obese. We both think he is just slightly underweight, but it's not a problem per se, he's not skin and bones... I can't get quality weight on him though. I started feeding him more and he didn't get any bigger AND he started pooping in the house like he was unable to hold it. Urgh. He is definitely an athletic looking guy though haha. I think once we get to my new house and he has more space to run I will be able to bulk him up with muscle, and that's really what I want on him.

Auggie is just under 14" and he weighs 14.5 pounds. So actually as far as height/weight ratio goes, they are pretty much the same I guess. Auggie has weighed a little over 15 pounds before, but I took about half a pound off last winter when we weren't practicing as much and he was getting a little soft, and I decided I really liked how he looked at felt at this weight, so I've left it.

Georgie is like 13.5" and she doesn't quite weigh 12 pounds; she is quite dainty though as far as her bone structure goes. Auggie is as well, that is something they get from Auggie's mom's side I believe. Pay (and Pepper) are more solid dogs like most of the rest of Auggie's family!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Wow so Trey and Payton are the same size (but Payton's taller). Trey was also really thin his whole life. I think he maxed at 19 lbs.

Georgie is only 2 inches taller than Summer. That's crazy!

Members online

No members online now.