where does your dog like to relax?

I'm just curious, when you and or the family is relaxing, say watching tv or whatever, where do your dogs hang out? 3 of our dogs are in the same room as my mom and I, mom's pair are always right next to her, my Jazz is usually close but not cuddling, and Mysti my 10 month old pup is in a different room, or even at the other end of the house in my bedroom in her crate.

It's incredibly odd to me that Mysti stays so far away when things calm down, she's a mini Aussie like the other 3, I would think she would want to stay close to her mom! (and yes I'm a bit hurt by the distance she creates lol)

So, do your dogs stick close or prefer to have their alone time?:)

AliciaD

On second thought...
Duncan is almost always on the hard, tiled dining room floor- no more than three yards from my place on the couch.

Cameron is always by the door leading outside, that's just where she naps. She's never more than a couple yards from me when she's over there.

Recently they've gotten way attached, and have taken to sleeping outside my door at night, and napping outside the bathroom door when I take a bath or shower.

They are both allowed on the couch and loveseat, but they don't usually stay up there for two long.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
If we are in a new place, Frodo would very much like to be in my lap when it is time for some rest.

At home, under the bed. He will sit at my door and ask to go into my room when he needs some down time (or when he has something that he wants to chew, and knows he will get in trouble for chewing, he'll still ask me to go in with it though, silly dog).
This past weekend we stayed at a cabin with 11 people and 9 dogs, he chose the bathroom when he got overwhelmed. People would just say "hi Frodo" and do their business, and he would just chill :p

Dogs6

Plus One
Taz is always on a sofa. We joke sometimes that he wouldn't care about being an outside dog as long as there was a sofa outside. Usually he curls up beside me or my dad but most people will do.

Fudge ... doesn't really relax. The only time he doesn't pace or annoy the other dogs or play with his toys is when he's locked in my room at night and then it's either my bed or the dog bed.

Scamp likes the sofa, if that's where I am, under the coffe table or on my bed at night.

Pit likes to be alone most of the time. If I had a basement, that's where he'd most likely hang out. In the apartment he's usually alone in my bedroom or out on the balcony by himself. He'll get up and change rooms if I follow him.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Wherever the family is.

If we're all in the living room, she's lying up against the couch either my mom or I are on. Currently she's sleeping against my couch, LOL.

If we're in the kitchen, she's usually sleeping in the doorway between the kitchen & living room or she's in front of the counter. Sometimes in front of the front door. She likes sleeping on the cold kitchen floor.

If I'm upstairs and people are downstairs, she sleeps on the top of the stairs, right outside my bedroom door. That way she can see and hear me, and also hear the people downstairs (and see them if they're in the kitchen). She's all about keeping track of where everyone is.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
They usually stick close... but only because there's where all the furniture is lol.

Belle has her chair. That is HER spot. Beezer likes to lay between us on the couch (because that's the only other piece of furniture there is to lay on lol) if we bother him he'll get down on the floor. if we are really bothersome he'll go hang in our bedroom.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Wherever everyone else is.

The one time Juno wanted to be alone in her crate during the day, was when she was really sick. So that's definitely not the norm for her to want to go off on her own.

Oddly enough I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a dog that always likes to be alone. :)
Yeah, don't feel bad that Mysti likes to be alone. I spent the greater part of Pit's puppyhood being hurt by his nonchalance and his physical and emotional distance towards me. Turns out I rather like it now and get really irritated when dogs shadow me around looking for attention. :lol-sign:

SpringerLover

This past weekend we stayed at a cabin with 11 people and 9 dogs, he chose the bathroom when he got overwhelmed. People would just say "hi Frodo" and do their business, and he would just chill :p

I couldn't believe he chose the bathroom, but I guess it had the least amount of foot traffic!

Bailey is often found in her crate if there's nothing exciting going on. Her crate is in the spare bedroom and she really seems to like it there.

Buzz is as close to the humans as possible, preferably on a really comfortable dog bed... :)

BostonBanker

Meg is usually in whatever room I'm in. If I'm in the living room watching TV, she's either on my lap or on her dog bed next to the fireplace. If I'm upstairs on my computer, she is either on her ottoman that sits in front of the window looking over the street, or if it is late in the evening, she may go put herself to bed in my room.

jenv101

Bite Club
Relax is not really in their vocabulary lol! They have beds in the living room which they will lay on if they have to but they don't sit still for long unless it's bedtime m

JacksonsMom

Jackson usually lays down in the same room as me, but doesn't necessarily have to be super close to me or anything. As long as he can see me, he is fine.

His main spots would be on my bed, on the couch (he lays on the top of the couch, like a cat) or in the window sill in his dog bed.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Fozzie sprawls out either on the couch or under one of the beds... such a wierdo. He also likes to perch on the armrest of the massage chair that it right by the front window and people watch.

Gonzo chills where ever I am, either at my feet or on the nearest dog bed.

Skivvies

Tiffany spends a lot of time on the couch or our armchair. Or she lays on the floor in what we call the "hidey hole." It's the space in between the couch and chair.

Members online

No members online now.