Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge Thread

SAMMIMUSH

well, today was my first day doing weight watchers. It was ok. I'm doing the core plan for anybody who is familiar. I know you have to use "common sense" when you figure out your portions, but common sense isnt how i got here..... lol

so im a bit worried that my idea of a large baked potato differs from that of ww.

Been trying to eat healthier and be more active instead of hogging the computer when I get home... guess it's a perfect day to start that (tomorrow). Okay, don't make fun, but:
every morning I have a cup of chocolate milk, then for snack an orange juice and breakfast bar, lunch is always different, then when I get home I have chocolate milk and a small snack, then for dinner it's whatever and a coke and when I get home it's the computer.

I'm going to try this:

(1) Eat Healthier
- Water each morning // afternoon instead of chocolate milk
- One Coke a day
- Veggies & Fruits
- No Junk Food
(2) Work out More
(3) Do Something active Instead of Computer
- Beach
- YMCA
- Dance Dance revolution on Ps2
- Jump Rope
- Run Daily
LIMITED TO 1 HOUR ON COMPUTER EACH DAY

I think I'll try that and then... my weight prizes...

5 pounds = New Book (call me geek, whatever)
10 pounds = New Haircut
15 pounds = New Clothes from Hollister (where I always shop)
20 pounds = New Shoes
25 pounds = Pedicure
30 pounds = New Puppy !!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Final weigh in for our 12 week program tonight. If I'm down and my wife is down, we should be 1 and 2 in our contest. My daughter is in a three way battle for 3rd, so hopefully we'll go 1, 2, 3.

Wish us luck!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Well, I was down another 3 tonight, for a total of 24.4 pounds lost over the 12 week program. My wife was down another 2.2 for a total of 30.8 pounds lost and my daughter was down another .4 pounds for a total of 15.6 pounds lost. My family lost a total of 70.8 pounds over this program. Now it's just up to the leader to calculate the percentages. Total pot is around 700 bucks, with first prize being 50%, 2nd being 30% and third being 20%. We find out next Thursday.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Meg I like you weight goals. :)

Well I gained a few pounds in Florida... only about 2 or 3. Cause of how much we ate and we didnt really exercise, besides jump in the ocean and ride the banana boat.

But today I walked 1/2 mile. Tomorrow i'll start at 1 mile... and continue the 1 mile through next tuesday and then start 1 1/2 mile.
I am eating less cause I use to eat about 4-5 large meals a day and now I'm eating 3 smaller meals a day plus a healthy snack. (smaller meals meaning about half of a portion of what I use to eat.)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Just heard from our weight loss group leader. My wife and I came in number 1 and 2. My daughter didn't cash, she came in 5th, but hey, that's still top five.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
We just got back. Wife won $400. I won $240. Nice to get an extra 600 bucks - heading for vacation in a couple of weeks.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Noone has updated in a while.

In the past 3 weeks I have been making an effort (for once).

Biking to work daily (about 15 mins each way so 30 mins total), eating healthy dinner and not snacking when I come home, and have so far lost about 6lbs.

Which is great, because I only really need to lose a stone, I'm not exactly obese. I'm about a UK size 14 which is a US... erm... 12? or 10?

Couple this with a summer of sailing and windsurfing, I think by the end of August I should be a LOT fitter :D

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I've lost 4lbs this week... mainly for me it's been stress and the lack of appetite because everytime I eat I feel sick. Going to try and take it easy and stick to things like fruits and yogurt since my stomach is being sensitive. Also going to drink some ensure.

mrose_s

BusterLove
I think I'm one more kilo down, which is good
Plus I think I'm about to go through another bout of the gurgs pretty soon which should assist lol.
But seriously, since we are now the fattest nation on the planet, I'd really like to change a few things.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I'm going to eat a big fat greasy curry tonight :D :D

Mmmmmm... And I had TWO burgers last night when I was drunk - TWO!!! And I kept calling the Dirty Burgers... "Hi can I have a dirty burger please"... luckily he just laughed at me.

I better put my bike up a gear going to work next week :D

I don't put weight on quickly, thank god.

Phoenixangelwyngs

Zookeeper Extraordinaire!
Ok.... so, I'm new.

I don't have scales in my house for good reason. I think obsessing about a number for a weight is stupid and messes with your worth as a person.
That said, I went in for my super fun annual women's exam and the doctor said, "Is it really possible that you've put on 20 pounds this year?"

Yaaay for awesome doctor! Anyway. I guess I put on 20 pounds.
I lost 20 pounds before after I gave birth to my son. I lost the baby weight, and put it all back on plus five. Then I decided that I should have a salad with EVERY meal I ate because I was eating out a lot and making myself only eat half of the burger and saving the rest for lunch the next day.

I am no longer going out to at so much. I got doggies to walk and I have a bike to ride. Part of the reason for the dogs was so I'd walk and drop some weight.

I'm not sure I have but the number isn't the concern. I need to lose weight so I don't keep getting asked when I'm due, have my doctor tell me she can't "feel my uterus due to a little extra in the front", and am not EXHAUSTED all the time. So, feelable uterus, energy, and not being asked when I'm due.... ready, set.... GO!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Weight is but a number, but it's always nice to see if it is doing anything.

I put weight on gradually so if I don't have scales, I usually wake up one morning and realise I've put a stone on lol

Good luck!!

Once you get it in your head what you're going to do it's easy. Mind over matter.

And remember - a little bit of what you fancy never hurts ;)

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I am biking to work every day. it's about 8 miles each way---and hilly. I have come to like it, and I am getting faster, now at about 45 mins. But I haven't lost an ounce. people say I look better, though. Of course, after 16 weeks of mostly bed rest I looked terrible before. I assume the weight loss will follow.

Eventually.

hey Dizzy, what kind of bike do you ride?

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Hi folks, I'll be on the weight loss plan in the first week of August. That's when baby #3 is due, thank God!
So I'm 5 ft 3 and 175 lbs right now...I'm kind of horrified by this. Before I was pregnant with my first, I was a whopping 109 lbs...I never really managed to lose the weight from the first pregnancy, but 109 was a bit slim - I wore size 00 pants so I might have been a little on the underweight side.
So I think around 130 lbs would suit me fine...granted once the baby is born I'll probably be in the 150 range so it's about 20 lbs to lose.

Most of it is a lack of exercise, this I'm sure of. I had knee surgery about a year and a half ago and never got back into regular exercise after being laid up for 2 months solid...knee surgery did not go as planned so I still have problems with it and don't exercise much. (Then again I will get a full knee replacement sometime in the next year if I'm lucky) I actually made it worse by tearing a ligament on an eliptical machine earlier this year...so it's been a sucky road to travel.

What's worked about the best for everyone else? I can't do a lot of exercise that is high impact, at least on my knees since I've trashed them both so it limits me on jogging/running - maybe bike riding?

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
You could join me in the save gas/exersize bike club. I can't do high impact either, because of back injury.

Members online

No members online now.